Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 03-14-2016, 10:41 AM

Default FSE 450 Clutch Removal Question

Clutch is stuck on my 2004 450SM, it sat for years without fluids and I'm guessing there is some corrosion on the plates. Riding it hasn't broken it free, it's weird to do a 4th gear power wheelie with the clutch in fully : ) Clutch in, standing on the brake, and full throttle hasn't budged it.

To be clear, the clutch lever has great feel and I'm 99+% certain the slave is acting properly. So...

I'm going to unbutton it today, but looking over the service manual, it mentions three screws (special tools) that have to be installed into the pressure plate so the clutch can be removed without damage. My question: are they in fact required for proper removal, and if so, is there a "cheat" tool that can be made to work if I don't have the three special screws? Anybody know what the diameter/length/pitch of the screws are?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Mike

Old 03-14-2016, 05:08 PM

Well, as it turns out, the clutch in my bike is different than what is pictured in the service manual, and did not require any special tools. Cleaned up the rusty disks and friction pads, reassembled, and it worked perfectly.