Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:22 PM

I thought the MCs had more aggressive porting, and a different head?
Possibly a lighter flywheel?

Old 03-16-2010, 08:47 PM

I couldn't say, but I'd love for somebody more enlightened to say for sure.

Of course, none of those sound like bad things.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:32 PM

I've had an 01 EC200 (with 2k-2 ignition), 07 EC250 Six Days edition and now an 09 EC250 Racing. I've also raced a 2009 EC250 Six Days edition in Greece, and raced an 08 EC300 at the eastern rounds of the Canadian Enduro Championship. I really, really like the gassers, and like the 250 the best. The 300 is an awesome bush bike, but I found it too much in a racing situation. I'm only around 170lbs though and have been considering going to a 250F and racing E1.

It's really tough to make a bad choice on purchasing a gasser. All of the bikes are great and you'll be happy with whatever you get. For me, it's the 250 two-stroke.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhendr3702 View Post
what part of tx are you in? from what i have seen, there seems to be more 300's around here too, don't know why.(but when you are talking less than 10 bikes local those numbers are kinda hard to learn much from).. i think alot of it is in what you like..
the guy that bought my 250, does not like 300's at all...
they are all great bikes..
if you are ever in the tx panhandle, let me know, you can take mine for a test ride... it is an 01 300...
I am in the DFW area but I do get up your way sometimes to ride in enduros. And that is mainly when I see the Gas Gas' from around here is in the enduros. Thanks for the offer.

A funny side story; last time I was up your way (well half way there) was for the 2009 Caprock Enduro in Quitaque, Texas. When I went to register for the enduro the lady asked what size of bike I rode. I told her a 250. Then she asked want brand of bike. I said Gas Gas... She then says ok but what is the brand... make of the bike. Again I said Gas Gas. This went on for about a minute until the guy behind me stepped up and said the Make is Gas Gas. She then wanted to know more about the bike, which I told her some breif details. She then told me I was going to win.... I wish it was that easy.
I just think it is funny that there are people that are a part of the offroad motorcycle scene and have never heard of Gas Gas.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:19 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jriley43 View Post
I am in the DFW area but I do get up your way sometimes to ride in enduros. And that is mainly when I see the Gas Gas' from around here is in the enduros. Thanks for the offer.

A funny side story; last time I was up your way (well half way there) was for the 2009 Caprock Enduro in Quitaque, Texas. When I went to register for the enduro the lady asked what size of bike I rode. I told her a 250. Then she asked want brand of bike. I said Gas Gas... She then says ok but what is the brand... make of the bike. Again I said Gas Gas. This went on for about a minute until the guy behind me stepped up and said the Make is Gas Gas. She then wanted to know more about the bike, which I told her some breif details. She then told me I was going to win.... I wish it was that easy.
I just think it is funny that there are people that are a part of the offroad motorcycle scene and have never heard of Gas Gas.

I have alot of friends who work that enduro and are on that lease.. i have never been, but plan on going sometime... it is only about 100 miles from here, just have not gotten that done.. they ran that enduro last week i think..450 riders i heard...
did the same thing riding here one day.. a guy saw my bike and asked what it was... i said gas gas... he said who makes those... i said gas gas.. he said is that one of those chinese bikes ??? c'mon man......
then on the other end of that, a guy on a bultaco trails bike showed up one day and was asking if anyone wanted to ride it... well yes i said... and he said you are on a flippin gas gas... yes i said... he had never seen one, but knew all about them...

great bikes...
Old 03-17-2010, 03:51 PM

It is kind of funny that many people aren't familiar with the brand. Most of the people I run into have heard of the trials bikes but weren't aware of the enduro models. I bought Roostafish's 300 and really enjoy the bike. I adopted his reply when anyone ask's and tell them it's a Yamaha with Ohlins suspension. While I've never been on one of the 250's I have owned both 250 and 300 KTM's. I found that the 250's were easier to ride for longer periods of time. Suppose it might be that while the overall horsepower figures are fairly close the softer hit on the bottom was easier to deal with. I plan on keeping this bike for some time but wouldn't hesitate to buy another Gas Gas in the future they are great bikes and it's fun to be a little different.