Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:55 PM

I like how the dust make's it look like your riding after a volcano blew up nice and dark and then the sun after you spread out of the pack and start to make time. Nice placement

Old 04-12-2011, 11:59 PM

Don't let Beal borrow your bike. Damn
Old 04-13-2011, 02:54 AM

Here is a YOUTUBE I found on another forum.Gives you a good idea how many riders there was.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyIGf...mbedded#at=267
Old 04-13-2011, 09:21 AM

I race against the overall winner Bobby Prochnau here in the PNWMA series. When he's not injured, its not uncommon for him to beat 2nd place by over 10 minutes. He's in a another league. Watch for his name to show up a little more often. He has the speed to potentially make a living out of this.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:54 AM

I saw the crash video of the Bolin kid, wicked, scary. Glad to hear he is doing alright.

The year I raced, one of the guys in our group was air lifted with a broken femur, collar bone, wrist and collapsed lung. Very scary for his wife and kids.

Some of the get offs are violent because you dont see the rocks until it is too late.

Heck, about 5 years ago, a guy died just not too far after the start. Heart attack!

Awesome results Roscoe, you should be proud. That is about as tough an event as it gets IMO, with the conditions, speeds, lack of sleep and mass of riders.

BTW, I saw Prochnau at the endurocross in Evertt, WA. He is very talented.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:26 PM

Nice Ride Roscoe. Dez race starts can super scary. I crashed hard at the start of the national in Idaho a couple weeks ago. It was an awesome start though. It was Casselli, Pearson, Abbott, Augbright, and little ol me. I guess we checked out on the main group and flying. We had 1 last little ravine to go through and Jake got sideways which made me brake hard and go into the ravine compressed. It was horrible. I broke my front rotor, my seat, blew out the shock, destroyed my computer, and split my chin open to the bone. 6 Stitches. I also managed to pull my left groin. I was sore for a week. I kept trying to race, MORON, and went into a fence that pretty much destroyed my VERY VERY EXPENSIVE GG headlight assembly. $250.00 btw.

However, considering how hard I hit, the fact I didn't belong up front with the big dogs, I feel lucky to have had minor injuries. : )
Old 04-13-2011, 10:34 PM

Nice ride Roscoe! Unfortunately I couldn't make it down (spent the weekend moving...ugh!) but will hopefully be back in 2012. I already am kicking myself for missing the Desert 100...
Old 04-14-2011, 07:28 AM

wow Nice racing, well done.
A friend of mine from Denmark was riding it in 2009 & 2010 and told me about that crazy badass desert race, could'nt belive it, untill I saw the pics and video of the race, man would i like to try riding that one
but it's a long, loong way from copenhagen to washington

Hmm. can one of you guys adopt me?
would love to have that dessert as my backyard.

Faster, Faster!!
Until the Thrill of Speed, Overcomes the Fear of Death..
Team YamaGas Racing.
http://bricksite.com/teamyamagasracing
Old 04-20-2011, 06:36 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlineman View Post
I race against the overall winner Bobby Prochnau here in the PNWMA series. When he's not injured, its not uncommon for him to beat 2nd place by over 10 minutes. He's in a another league. Watch for his name to show up a little more often. He has the speed to potentially make a living out of this.
Bobby won the Desert 100 overall in 2009 he is very smooth. I have seen him a few times over the last few years.

David Kamo Won it in 2010.

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 04-20-2011, 06:44 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentMartell View Post
Nice Ride Roscoe. Dez race starts can super scary. I crashed hard at the start of the national in Idaho a couple weeks ago. It was an awesome start though. It was Casselli, Pearson, Abbott, Augbright, and little ol me. I guess we checked out on the main group and flying. We had 1 last little ravine to go through and Jake got sideways which made me brake hard and go into the ravine compressed. It was horrible. I broke my front rotor, my seat, blew out the shock, destroyed my computer, and split my chin open to the bone. 6 Stitches. I also managed to pull my left groin. I was sore for a week. I kept trying to race, MORON, and went into a fence that pretty much destroyed my VERY VERY EXPENSIVE GG headlight assembly. $250.00 btw.

However, considering how hard I hit, the fact I didn't belong up front with the big dogs, I feel lucky to have had minor injuries. : )
Thanks, That's really how you need to ride though "on the edge" to place well. That had to feel good running up with the big dogs. It is a risky game out there, but hella fun!

I don't feel so bad about buying the bracket system and crf mx plate for $70 now. I knew the headlight assembly's were pricey as I bought one for my 08.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!