Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 09-29-2018, 11:38 AM

Default Wiring issue (lights)

Hello on my 2002 ec 300 iv been having a problem with my light wen out the other week they all stopped working side light tail light break light and high an low beam wen i got home i had a look therw the wiring and nothing was sticking out to b a fault so i just re done some connections an then it worked fine yesterday i started my bike an instatly they went off agen i have used the bike maybe 10 times since the first time i fixt it. I had another look today at the wiring an agen nothink stud out to me to be causing t the problem i got them to work agen by doing one connection agan. But once i started the bike an it idled for a cuple of seconds they went off agen im not sure what to do next

Thanks

Old 10-02-2018, 03:32 PM

Sounds very much like a connection issue. If you've gone through all the wiring connections, then it's time to clean all the ground paths. This means stator to engine, engine to frame, and yellow/green ground wire connections to the frame.

It could be a bad solder joint on the stator connections (yellow wire), or corrosion on the stator itself. Time to get a flywheel puller.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:25 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Chase the money. Erm voltage.
Do you have voltage from the stator?, at the regulator output? Everything after that is just completing the cct but you need volts there to start.

You can use a bulb and some wire to start but a cheap multimeter and some youtube lessons and go to it.
'22 765 Street Triple RS
'21 XTrainer
'69 Stinger T125 Suzuki
'23 TRS 250RR (it's a Trials thing)
Old 10-05-2018, 07:16 AM

Thanks for the reply. I have been threw the wiring now an made alot of new connections. If i put a battery in2 the circit from right by the stator so ther aint no connections b4 the battery an earth it at earth point all the lighs work. Wen i got the bike running if i rev it up the lights woll come.on very dull so im guessing its a stator problem. Can i do anythink to help like clean anythink iv never messes with one before so dont want to just jump in blind thanks
Old 10-05-2018, 11:21 AM

Based on the age of your bike I'd guess stator corrosion is the problem. Does it make any difference if you disconnect the voltage regulator? I would expect no change since the regulator only clips excess voltage.

Chances are the lighting windings are cooked or corroded through. Get yourself a puller and expect to replace the stator. There are resistance values to check to help point you in the right direction. Others have purchased a KTM stator and changed the connections.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stator.jpg (89.5 KB, 14 views)
Old 10-08-2018, 06:21 PM

Hi sorry to bring up an old post but did you manage to sort the lights out on your bike ? I have exactly the same problem no lights but when I rev the bike high the lights comes on then goes back off removing the regulator makes no difference at all cheers (shaun)
Old 10-09-2018, 11:18 AM

That sounds like a bad connection somewhere. At some point engine vibration jiggles it into contact.