Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Announcements

Enduro Product Announcements Announce new gasgas enduro products here - Vendors Welcome...

Old 02-08-2019, 09:15 AM

Rudolf, do you have a pic?? Id like to see the white with the graphics =) Bummer about the parts availability over there =/ we keep everything here in stock after offer worldwide shipping if you haven't check our prices. Let us know how we can help you out.

www.gasgaspartshouse.com

Also, do you feel a lot of vibration in the bars? what type of bars do you run?

Old 02-08-2019, 01:14 PM

Thanks for the offer. I shall look at your website and check out what you stock.

I have had a number of KTMs and a Beta 300RR before the GG and a number of aftermarket parts have moved from bike to bike. Just moved from a 2015 KTM 300EXC and a lot of parts have transfed across.

The majority of the vibration is through the bars and has caused havoc in my hands and arms. The GG and KTM have the same Neken bars. I never rode the KTM 300 without the PHDS instaĺled having moved the PHDS from the previous KTM 250EXC as soon as I bought it. I have ridden the KTM for up to 10 hours a day without these vibration issues so I am hoping that this weekend will be better having adapted the PHDS to fit the GG and today I have added a 2nd hand set of Fasstco Impact Pegs.

I shall look out a photo of the camo graphics and post it. They were created by Moto Shack in the UK and the guys there are really skilled and pleasant to deal with.

https://www.motoshackcustomgraphics.co.uk/
Old 02-08-2019, 01:58 PM

White plastics with camo graphics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1030227.jpg (135.3 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg P1030230.jpg (136.2 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg P1030231.jpg (105.4 KB, 38 views)
Old 02-09-2019, 03:57 PM

Hope the changes work for you! Keep us updated. Stealthy looking bike!!!
Old 05-13-2019, 11:02 AM

Do you have to remove the pipe in order to install or uninstall the skid plate?
Old 05-14-2019, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoHead View Post
Do you have to remove the pipe in order to install or uninstall the skid plate?
yes, at least in the case of the "extreme" model with water pump and ignition protection. (2018 model)

FWIW, if you move the frame support bracket off of the drain hole to the left and drill an access hole to reach the drain plug you can change the oil without removing the skid plate.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:09 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzhitshard View Post
yes, at least in the case of the "extreme" model with water pump and ignition protection. (2018 model)

FWIW, if you move the frame support bracket off of the drain hole to the left and drill an access hole to reach the drain plug you can change the oil without removing the skid plate.
Nahh ya don't!

I have the extreme on my 2018 and I can flex on/off with the pipe in place. It's a right pain getting the linkage part to snap into place, but the front can certainly be flexed up with the pipe in place.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Nahh ya don't!

I have the extreme on my 2018 and I can flex on/off with the pipe in place. It's a right pain getting the linkage part to snap into place, but the front can certainly be flexed up with the pipe in place.
I would be very interested in seeing a quick video of this.
Your bike have an EC or XC pipe? I wonder if there is a difference in the belly diameter of the pipes that may allow a little more clearance. I worked on it for a while & I'm almost certain my XC wasn't clearing it no matter what approach I used.

I'd love to be wrong. frankly the bike is a bit noisy with the plate being able to shift right because I moved the mounting bracket. I modded it mostly because there was no way I was pulling the pipe and skid plate every time I changed the oil.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzhitshard View Post
I would be very interested in seeing a quick video of this.
Your bike have an EC or XC pipe? I wonder if there is a difference in the belly diameter of the pipes that may allow a little more clearance. I worked on it for a while & I'm almost certain my XC wasn't clearing it no matter what approach I used.

I'd love to be wrong. frankly the bike is a bit noisy with the plate being able to shift right because I moved the mounting bracket. I modded it mostly because there was no way I was pulling the pipe and skid plate every time I changed the oil.
Haven't taken my XC250 pipe off once to get mine on. Just get a bit forthright with it. Pair of gloves on helps! Get frame rail hooks in position first then flex front under pipe & give it a good whack to get over pipe mount. Mine has chewed a bit of plastic out going over pipe mount so fits piece of piss now! Maybe a bit of dremel work if ya worried but they go on fine. They're plastic-they flex!

Pull mine every 3-4 rides to change oil. Easy as. Buy a 10mm ratchet ring spanner(got one from China for a few bucks) to speed up bolt removal. Can seriously fit or remove in minutes. Hardest bit is the bolt removal/installation.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

Mine is an EC250 and same same.

Tags
2018, 2019, axp, ec300, skid plate