Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Australia & New Zealand

Old 05-06-2008, 03:58 AM

Talking new GG

Gday all,
never owned a GG before, but have been around enough to be impressed.
So rather than go for the ktm 200, I grabbed one of these

Old 05-06-2008, 07:02 AM

Nice 200 mate, where do you ride. Who did you get it from..

"It's Nature that Brings out the Madness"
GasGas FSR450 07'
Old 05-06-2008, 11:23 AM

i like the logo, its my personal motto as well
"if you dont like it, F*** OFF"

FOR THE SECOND TIME 07 EC300 polisport headlight, acerbis taillight ltr pv cover and case saver,trailtech endurance,120z fww, g2 throttle,xr chain puck:
Old 05-06-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRDoz View Post
Nice 200 mate, where do you ride. Who did you get it from..
I'm about 40km east of canberra, Tallaganda state forest is my backyard

got the bike from my local dealer (Dahlitz Motorcycles) who has just started selling GG
Old 05-06-2008, 09:14 PM

can't find too much on the board about these and since I've just got mine I'll try to keep a record of any problems and fixes I encounter along the way.

The bike is well finished from the factory, but as with any bike there is some work involved to get it to a place where it is truly ready to ride

The Aussie EC200 has all the road going gear on it, I don't need much of this stuff so with the exception of the headlight (and a small switch that I'll fit later) of it goes (horn, switch block, blinkers and the associated wiring bits)
It's not a great deal of stuff as far as weight goes, just less stuff to break on the trail.

It came with execl rims (if given a choice, I prefer the excels) and Metzler tyres (I don't care for the Michy endruro comp 3's so this was also a good thing) once the rear is worn I'll replace it with a trials tyre .. I like the X-11 but keep hearing good things about the pirelli. What are the tubes like? if not ultra HD , then they'll need to be replaced too.
Ohh!... please tell me GG have ditched those crap rim locks?

The rear tail light assembly (I have removed ATM) looks like it adds some rigidity to the rear gard around the area you use to lift/move the bike with so it will be cut down are re-installed as I think the hand holes place too much stress on the single seat bolt because the subframe supports don't come close enough to the outer edge of the seat to get a hold of when lifting.

The standard jetting seemed ok while I was running it in, but once on the trails it was clear that it would need some attention. It seems to be too fat on the slow jet and maybe a larger main or lift the needle .. dunno yet will have a look whats in the carb soon.

Speaking of the carb, the bike as it was delivered starts easy, and idles fine (although quite a low idle) but I notice that the idle screw (that lifts the slide) is already binding the spring! I'm hope the slow jet can fix this.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:45 AM

Welcome to the red side Wino
Old 06-27-2008, 02:04 AM

Would be nice to see how the little 200 is going. How about an update ?

"It's Nature that Brings out the Madness"
GasGas FSR450 07'
Old 07-10-2008, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRDoz View Post
Would be nice to see how the little 200 is going. How about an update ?
the lil red banger is going well, susp'n is fine for my size and (lack of) speed
I'm waiting for the fat pie eating bloke to send my jet kit and powervalve cover
I've had to gear it down quite abit , but the jettting and powervalve might allow me to move back down.. will see how it goes.