Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Riding Techniques & Training

Riding Techniques & Training Increase Riding Skill, Physical and Mental Training, Weight Loss.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:19 PM

Default How much time on the bike?

In trials it seems like at least 10 hours a week to be competitive in what I would call the A class. Do A class enduro riders spend that kind of time riding per week?

Thank You,
sam

Old 11-04-2013, 08:29 PM

Most of the A+ riders I know ride 2-3 times a week about 3 hours at a time(real training unlike me who will stop here and there )
Old 11-05-2013, 09:13 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam View Post
In trials it seems like at least 10 hours a week to be competitive in what I would call the A class. Do A class enduro riders spend that kind of time riding per week?

Thank You,
sam
Not many that I know of. That is your regular A Enduro riders now. That is the majority of them, however the younger A riders trying to win their class may spend a bit more time on it. Harescramble guys may go to the track during the week and do more, but pure Enduro guys don't like MX tracks and usually are older and have a wife, kids, job, maintenance on bikes, campers, trucks and trailers etc....not that much time left for 3hr training rides.

The mystical A Enduro rider usually just shows up on the weekends and drops the hammer on that ass! It is amazing.

Current ride: 2009 WR450

Previously owned: 12 Gas Gas XC300R, 06 WR450, 06 YZ250, 05 Gas Gas EC250, 05 KTM 450EXC, 02 KX250 w/EG310 kit, 03 YZ250F
Old 11-07-2013, 01:25 PM

Thanks for your input, trying to learn as much as possible about Enduro training/racing!

sam
Old 11-07-2013, 04:21 PM

I think I really depends who you are and what point in you career your in. If you are just starting then as much time as possible. you what to build good habits and have you body react to a situation with out having to think about it, and the only way to do that is time on your bike. I don't race at this point because I have three kids a 6 year old and twins that are three. I will again down the road but still like to ride 3-4 time a week and the guys I ride with race pro/a+ some ride the same or more. And then there are the odd ones who don't ride much any more a few time a year but can go in a race and end up lapping second. not me but they are out there.