Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Old 09-22-2010, 04:19 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Nice Pics Paul! I recognize the Mad River/ Entiat area stuff. I did not make it out there this year or Gifford for that matter. We'll see if I can get there before too much snow flies.

I will post a couple older slide shows from those 2 areas if I can find them. I have posted them on this site before. I will look for them. You probably already have seen em but for those who havent, I found them...

http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3284

http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3327

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!

Last edited by REVERUP; 09-22-2010 at 04:57 PM.

Old 09-22-2010, 04:37 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

And hey you New Zealand guys sorry I didn't reply sooner, I just ran short on time this morning. I really wanted to go over and check N.Z. out when 6 days was there recently but couldn't.From what I have heard though, yes it is very much like the Pacific Northwest. Someday I may make it over, if not to ride, at least to do some world famous trout fishing, and see the sites.

As far as rainfall we get a ton. But it varies drastically depending on which side of the Cascades you are on. The West side also known as the wet side gets way more than the east slopes because of its Pacific ocean jet stream influence and the mountains tend to wring out the water from the clouds as they run into the peaks leaving not nearly as much moister to fall on the backside or East side of the slopes. Within 30 miles east of the east slopes it actually turns into Desert.

Snoqualmie Pass which is pretty much in the central Cascades of Washington averages roughly 85" of precipitation annually.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 12-21-2010, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEB View Post
Here are some of my shots in the Cascades

More pics of the greater NW area here, ]

Nice pics guys. Beautiful place we live in.

PEB, I recognize Lorne in your pics. I know him from Walker Valley. Great guy, great rider.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:05 PM

Lorne is a standup guy for sure. And your right he rips on a bike. Here is a little collection of pics and vids from a weekend in E Wa with Lorne and some others this last fall. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kda8Ea6YL44
Old 12-22-2010, 05:04 PM

WOW - From those views are awesome from this Ohioans perspective.

"is the bike ok" "(groannnnnnnnnnnn)" "no seriusly is it ok?????" "crap the shrouds cracked"
Old 12-23-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEB View Post
Lorne is a standup guy for sure. And your right he rips on a bike. Here is a little collection of pics and vids from a weekend in E Wa with Lorne and some others this last fall. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kda8Ea6YL44
Doesn't look like the trails I'm familiar with on this side of the state. Where did you find those views?

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)
Old 12-25-2010, 12:29 AM

Those views are from a seldom ridden area I like to frequent.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:47 AM

^^ Hey thug, there's a high test 22oz beer waiting for you and J over at Howie's house if you can name this view worthy of a label on a beer bottle

Old 01-03-2011, 10:48 AM

Old 01-03-2011, 10:52 AM