Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-25-2007, 07:05 PM

Default Best Place For Boot Repair...

I'm needing my A-Stars Tech 8's repaired and am wondering who to send them to. Not only do I need them resoled, I also need a new buckle attachment sewn on, as well.

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated,

TP
'03 EC 300

Old 05-25-2007, 11:54 PM

I think it might be helpful if you could be more specific about your location. For instance if you lived in Cape Town, South Africa I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Rocksole in Wale Street. Cape Town is, after all, South of the Mason Dixon line Nah seriously, AFAIK sout of the Mason Dixon line means about one third of the continental US.

'06 Raga Rep

(hopefully '08 EC200 & '10 TXT Pro 250 soon)

Last edited by TooFastTim; 05-26-2007 at 12:28 AM.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:53 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I have lived in a couple of different places and have always found a small independent shoe repair place to do this kind of work. Both have had a grumpy old guy behind the counter who did excellent work.

I would check with your local motorcycle shop for a referal. A horse tack shop might also steer you to a good guy to work with.

jeff
Old 05-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator

The hot set-up is to put the Gaerne sole on the A-Star boots.
It holds up a lot better.You can order just the sole from Gaerne.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooFastTim View Post
I think it might be helpful if you could be more specific about your location. For instance if you lived in Cape Town, South Africa I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Rocksole in Wale Street. Cape Town is, after all, South of the Mason Dixon line Nah seriously, AFAIK sout of the Mason Dixon line means about one third of the continental US.
FYI... "South of the Mason/Dixon Line" is a geographical reference point that historically separates the northern United States (read Union) from the southern United States (read Confederate). So... to answer your question, I live in the southern half of the United States of America.

Per your example...

Shipping wise, South Africa would be a bit pricey, however, I've always have wanted to visit.

Thanks to all for replying to my post,

TP
Old 05-26-2007, 08:29 PM

News flash...

Jim Cook tells of the Alpine Stars California location to be the spot for repair and regeneration of A-Stars boots.

Now, to get the address and phone number... Anybody have it???

TP
Old 05-28-2007, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tprnottp View Post
News flash...

Jim Cook tells of the Alpine Stars California location to be the spot for repair and regeneration of A-Stars boots.

Now, to get the address and phone number... Anybody have it???

TP
I had my T8s resoled there. Can't find the phone number but I'm sure their customer service people can direct you.

http://alpinestarsinc.com/contact

Jon
'01 XC300
Old 05-28-2007, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

Factory Resole (Sole Performance) in California does a nice job resoling the Alphinestars Tech8's. Mine was done about a year ago and they are holding up well. They use Sidi soles since they hold up much better than the crappy Tech8's. The soles, steel toe guard, labor & shipping runs just under $100.

Here is their website and pics:
http://www.factoryresole.com/
Old 06-01-2007, 06:56 PM

Matt & Jon:

Jon, I really appreciate the contact number, since what I am looking for is repair/replacement of a buckle post that's broken off of the boot, as well as, the repair/replacement of the gaiters. While I'm at it, I would definately have them resoled, as well.

Matt, I've already sent the place you've recommended an e-mail and got a quick response back from Jim, the owner (?). Jim sez his specialty is boot resoling only. Nevertheless, I will most certainly keep Jim in mind, since I too am a firm believer in the quality of Sidi soles.

Thanks to you all for helping me with my problem,

TP
'03 EC 300
Old 06-06-2007, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk_250 View Post
I had my T8s resoled there. Can't find the phone number but I'm sure their customer service people can direct you.

http://alpinestarsinc.com/contact

Jon
'01 XC300
I spoke with an Alpinestars rep last Friday afternoon and UPS'd my Tech 8's to them yesterday (Tuesday) morning. The A-Stars rep promised to fix all that was wrong with the boots for no more than $80.00--including new booties. What a deal!

Turn around time is approximately two weeks--maybe a wee bit longer when factoring in shipping.

I'll let all know how this works out.

Again, thanks to all who replied to my post--especially Jon.

TP
'03 EC 300