Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Tell us all the gorey details!

Old 12-18-2013, 01:04 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default carrier

The carrier is Harbor freight,aluminum. It is cheap,but also not very confidence inspiring. I would buy a different one,if I had to buy another. But for now,I will continue to test it.

The stabilizer is R T T ,bought it used here on forum. Wanted to see if it will help keep me from eating it,when crossing wet logs,etc.

Old 12-18-2013, 05:21 AM

Have faith in the Harbor Freight carrier. I've had mine for a few years now and it works great. Just tighten the bolt on the hitch to remove slop. I used to worry and watch it constantly, but after a lot of miles of it just sitting there, I no longer worry.

Also, a stabilizer will not prevent you from eating it when crossing a log. So don't think it will.

Current ride: 2009 WR450

Previously owned: 12 Gas Gas XC300R, 06 WR450, 06 YZ250, 05 Gas Gas EC250, 05 KTM 450EXC, 02 KX250 w/EG310 kit, 03 YZ250F
Old 12-18-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adv rider View Post
I finally got out for my first ride today, and it was Great!
That's awesome man; so cool to read reports like this! Although I had a couple minor initial annoyances on my 200, I was head-over-heels for her during my ride this past weekend - perfect bike for my skills.

Keep up on the ride reports as I completely enjoy reading the fun that others are having - especially if I'm unable to get out for a few weeks.

And your hauler is frickin' awesome - I would love to have one of those for the camp/rides I do
Old 12-18-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2day View Post

And your hauler is frickin' awesome - I would love to have one of those for the camp/rides I do
I've had 2 of those. the 1st one destroyed by a cell phone using/make-up queen. Bought another one...they do work pretty well. I spot welded all the hardware to prevent unwanted self-destruction. I'm long since spoiled with a fully enclosed trailer(lights, heat, stereo...).
Old 12-18-2013, 11:59 PM

Default stabilizer

Also, a stabilizer will not prevent you from eating it when crossing a log. So don't think it will.[/QUOTE]

I have never rode with a stabilizer before, so even if it works as placebo effect would be good. The wet logs,roots,etc seem to throw my wheel to the side when i least expect it,causing me to go down. I am hoping the ability to keep the front end straight when needs be will help at times. There is the certain trail, that 90% of the time i crash at this one certain corner that has an always wet root at an angle,just as you come around a corner.

It probably doesn't help that i now focus on it, because i know it coming. And it still takes me out-makes me so mad So if i can just get through that section at least 50% of the time, i will be happy.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:45 AM

Good suspension set up will help you in that situation. My point was to warn you not to get a false sense of security. Don't want to see you get hurt thinking the stabilizer will prevent the front from washing out on you.

Current ride: 2009 WR450

Previously owned: 12 Gas Gas XC300R, 06 WR450, 06 YZ250, 05 Gas Gas EC250, 05 KTM 450EXC, 02 KX250 w/EG310 kit, 03 YZ250F