Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 05-29-2013, 09:03 AM

Some Lectron carb tuning info here - http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/sho...2&postcount=98

Old 05-29-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motosportz View Post
Some Lectron carb tuning info here - http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/sho...2&postcount=98

This is great info.
Thanks for the post.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:01 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Default Crazy

Everyone is so defensive over the apt. I've known about lectrons since I had a set on a gs1100 I owned Back then they were known as race carbs. After the apt hooplah I heard that the lectron made carbs for dirt bikes I was planning on getting an apt but .......I couldnt unless I wanted to shell out 800 bucks now I hate jetting but 800 is steep esp. since the other apt will be 1/2 that and the lectron is also. I'll tell you I had a bunch of problems with the throttle cable and was a little dissatisfied with the fact I had to wait and shell out more $$.BUT... Once I had that thing on and set it ran Awesome!!
I took it off because of the cable problems (thing broke???) But I plan on putting back on as I loved the way my bike ran with it on.I like the way my bike runs now but loved the way it ran with the lectron.F'n cable issue!
If you hate jetting ,want a bike that pulls smooth from idle to top and you want your bike to be like that now ,not the end of summer or who knows when and want to spend 400 not 800 I'd recommend the lectron.
I own a couple bikes and when the apt comes out I'll try it too. I'm not 100%
satified with my overall lectron experience and that makes me not want to recommend it ,but it worked great and despite me not being completely happy
I want you guys that cant get your bikes perfect,hate jetting,etc. to know this is a real option thats for real and available now.I've been on the other forums and most guys seem to love them.I'm not on a bandwagon If I'd have known this years ago I would have had one then.I sent my carb out to be worked on for not much less than the cost of a lectron .Wish I knew then.
I don't sell em either.Just the opinion of a regular Joe who would rather ride his bike then wrench on it.
Stoby
Old 06-12-2013, 06:18 PM

Quick update on the cable that I ordered from Lectron. It is a Motion Pro cable with a 90 degree bend and an extra adjuster in the cable close to the throttle housing. The carb end threads directly into the top of the Lectron carb. It has plenty of adjustment now, and is long enough that I can route it like the stock cable was from the factory. I haven't rode with it yet, but at least it does fit well.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1956 View Post
It appears that the SC has more circuits that help it with the 'extra' compensation. I had a Lectron back in the late 70s and loved it. The metering rod on the 'new' generation Lectrons is vastly superior to what was available in the 70s. A rod can be ground that is similar to fuel mapping on fuel injection thanks to computer grinding techniques. The Lectrons appears to be 'simpler' than the SC while still doing all or most of the the same functions. + Lectron has been around for 30 years. You are right about "where have they been" though, the drag racers got wind a long time ago about the simplicity of the Lectron and kind of took over the Lectron market, as far as temperature and altitude compensation, check the snowmobile guys, they are running the same Lectron at the winter drags and the summer grass drags.... The SC is the bomb diggety but I don't think the Lectron is a bad choice either Just my .02 worth
My feelings exactly. I have tested the Lectron from 50-8400 feet runs absolutely perfect everywhere and only adjustment I made for Idaho (8400) was to turn the idle up slightly. The Lectron is brilliant IMHO.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:20 AM

Anything new on the Lectron and supporting accessories?