Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 04-16-2008, 08:22 PM

Default Cycra Probend handguards w/ Solution mount

Let me start with the fact that I had tried some Polisport guards which did NOT properly fit the bend of the Hebo fatbars that come on the bike and I wasnt sure what bar they were close to so did not know what to get for the poor thing.

Since the mount was a bit off, i managed to break the right polisport guard right in half.

So, since I had heard the best things about the Probends from Cycra, I decided to give them a shot.

Since you cannot use the triple clamp mounts on the Gasgas because of the direction the bolts go in, the only other options were some kind of bar mount, or the solution mount.

The solution mount has a seperate mounting bar that clamps onto your bars at the fattest point just on the outside of your bar clamps on the triple clamp. You then mount the handguards to these.

It took some wrestling to get them on, and had to loosen my bars then re-tighten them after the installation, but it was not that bad at all, and boy these things are solid after they are on! I have never felt a handguard as solid/strong as these feel.

As an added bonus, I could not get my enduro computer back on after the front bar was blocking the mounting area. After pondering what to do, I tapped a small hole in the center of the cross bar on the handguards and screwed the computer to that. The bonus part is, I can now see my oil/gas lights! I never could before thanks to my Scotts damper.

Here is the difference:

OLD:

NEW:

Hard to tell with the GPS mount on there but the lights are MUCH more visible! And the headlight just squeaked on..perfect.

Here are some other shots showing the mounted handguards:

I have yet to do any crash testing and will do so before recommending anything, but so far, fantastic!

Old 04-16-2008, 09:28 PM

nice review. I have the probends, they don't really fit that well with cut down bars. I tried the standard mount and their multi mount thing , but not the solution mount. was kind of wonder how it would effect the headlight. It looks like your headlight is pointing down quite bit. there somethings call oxbows or something that i saw ona ktm sight that look pretty good might try that.

btw what the hell is that sled sitting on??
Old 04-16-2008, 11:27 PM

Ya this was even a bit of a bear to get on because of my cut down bars. Every slotted hole for the bolts was right at its edges. I basically tightened down the clamps at the bars, and the friction bolts in the bar ends, then used the bolt turning force to pull everything together. It was a bit of a bear like i said and I may have to do a bit of modding to the headlight plastic to point it up a bit.

One of the reasons the headlight looks like it is pointing so far downwards though is the headlight adjuster nuts were loose so the headlight portion itself had rolled downwards a bit. Not done with that portion of the mounting though. My reflector is broken so wont hold a bulb right now so waiting to see on a new one before i go nuts.

Will keep this thread posted though on crash strength (again, I broke the last ones in half right in the middle of the thickest aluminum so hopefully I can put it to a good test) and how I get the compuiter mounted etc. I plan to replace with a trailtech veypor soon (ripped my speedo wires out of the caliper like the second ride) so that will be even easier.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:38 AM

I'm intrigued. I have Flexx bars with BRP inner mounts, Atek bar inserts and Acerbis Multiconcept barkbusters. I'm less than pleased with the setup, mostly the multiconcepts. The aluminum is terrible quality that bends too easily.

If the probends with solution mount are durable I might just have to get a set.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:22 PM

Yep, I will be crash testing them thourougly and will be keeping all my 'review' threads updated!
Old 04-18-2008, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid jackson View Post
btw what the hell is that sled sitting on??
Haha its the ground actually, its clutch cover was open. I was wokring on it a while back and discovered the end of the crank is broken. Now I have 2 sleds with seized engines (1995 panther and 1994 pantera). Not sure what to do with em, try to part them out, sell them on ebay, take them to the dump...havent decided! Need to get that thing off my lawn soon though haha.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:59 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

That looks really nice, anathema. Is the 'solution' mount an option from Cycra?
Old 04-18-2008, 06:26 PM

Sure.

I got it from thumper talk but you can buy from cycra direct.

http://store.cycraracing.com/prrapawisomo.html

I bought this plus the extra black plastic (I couldnt get the kit with black plastic directly aparently).

I also spent the 5 or however many dollars for an extra set of side bumpers incase I break/ruin them.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:28 AM

What's the width on the handlebar clamps? I'm running Fasstco Flexx bars and need to determine if the clamps will fit on the lower portion of the bar.