Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 05-11-2015, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
What is it about the Z-start that you prefer?

I found the Core Exp to be more difficult to get dialed in and it seems to slip excessively under load.

I can get the Z start Pro dialed in perfectly with proper springs and tungsten balls.

Glad original poster was able to diagnose problem.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:54 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default All in the setup

Jersey,

I too have a '14 GG 300; I had a Rekluse installed when I bought it (my first one).
I hated it at first - could not build revs to launch out of corners, and really slipped in higher gears - bike would make more noise but not do anything.

I rode it that way for almost a year and was sort of resigned to its behavior, but loved it in the sloppy stuff.

I spoke to Richard at House of Horsepower and he made some recommendations. I switched to the Rekluse basket, Honda CRF450R clutch plates, heavy Rekluse wedges, and (I think) am now running red/silver springs.
I honestly feel like it's now perfect - I have the best of both worlds. Works great in the slop, but launches out of corners (once you have your installed gap dialed in) and no slipping in higher gears.
I haven't noticed any clutch feel issues, so you may have something else going on there.

I am a huge fan of the Rekluse at this point. Keep tinkering with it - you will get it dialed in. Rekluse support is awesome.

Slade
'14 GG XC300R - County Cycle Woods Weapon #63
Old 05-11-2015, 10:46 PM

My 2 cents. Sell it and ride with complete control over bike. I can't understand why you would want to give up control of perhaps the most important input on the bike. I want absolute precision in when the clutch is engaged or not, even hung over my brain works 1000 times better than some ball ramp device at knowing how to put power to the ground.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CACTUSREID View Post
I HAVE THE CORE EXP 1 IN MY 11 EC300, AND HAD SOME GROWING PAINS AS WELL WITH THE ENGAGEMENT HIT ETC. I SWITCHED OUT THE STOCK WEDGE WEIGHTS FOR THE HEAVIEST SET THEY MAKE START OF THIS YEAR, AND NOTICED A HUGE IMPROVMENT! i HAD IT SET TO LOW RPM ENGAGEMENT AND HARD HIT ALL ALONG, BUT NOW WITH THE HEAVIER WEIGHTS THE BIKE JUMPS OUT OF THE CORNERS JUST ABOUT LIKE A NON REKLUSED BIKE. MY CLUTCH PULL IS STILL VERY SOFT,SO I THINK YOU MAY HAVE SOME SEPERATE ISSUE THERE. bUT GOOD ADVISE, PLAY WITH THE CLUTCH AND SET IT UP WHEN YOU HAVE TIME ON YOUR HANDS, AS THEY DO TAKE A WHILE TO GET THEM FIGURED OUT, AS YOU CAN MAKE THEM PREFORM MANY DIFFERENT WAYS.
Why are you yelling??? LOL
Old 05-12-2015, 01:54 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEB View Post
My 2 cents. Sell it and ride with complete control over bike. I can't understand why you would want to give up control of perhaps the most important input on the bike. I want absolute precision in when the clutch is engaged or not, even hung over my brain works 1000 times better than some ball ramp device at knowing how to put power to the ground.
My 2 cents are where your 2 cents are.

I think a lot of the appeal is the stall resistance they offer (particularly on 4 strokes which are more likely to flame and clunk to a halt, and then harder to bring back to life).

Personally, I can see how a well setup recluse could offer a benefit, however in terms of cost to reward I'd much rather invest my dollars elsewhere and make do with the manual setup.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:24 AM

I'll just throw this out there, I haven't seen any pro riders use them.
I wouldn't buy one again, i like complete control of the clutch. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamilton View Post
I wouldn't buy one again, i like complete control of the clutch. Just my 2 cents.
Cause your not lookin under their side cover.
Old 05-12-2015, 12:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamilton View Post
You need to get out more!!

How did this turn into another "for" or "against" rekluse thread? Think we can stay on track and help out J95 with his preferred setup.

We why would anyone care if someone's runs a rekluse or not?

Hope that verbage is better for all you??

Last edited by desertgasser300; 05-16-2015 at 09:56 PM.
Old 05-16-2015, 05:41 PM

We were just chinming in, he kinda solicited it. If I wanted to twist the thread in to a how silly are rekluse clutches thread i would have made jokes about loaning the bike to beginers or his wife. I also certainly would have potsed this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chBPe88f5ns

My bet is he pulled the thing and is happily slipping the clutch, the way god intended.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator

Agree with PEB here. I'm not seeing/feeling any hate. Just that a few have offered their opinions. Some who have tried Recluse and gone back to full manual, others who have based their thoughts off what they have seen/heard.

I have no doubt the recluse can be dialled in really well for a specific purpose, and when done it will work really well. In my case, if I set one up the way I wanted, it would offer nothing but stall resistance ... something I don't really have an issue with, so the dollars and time spent dialling it in wouldn't be worth while.

I have spent time on bikes with them set up with quite loose and I really didn't like the way it made the bottom end feel. It felt like my left hand was fighting the recluse. It would slip when I didn't want it to, and would take up and drive at times I didn't want it to.