Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 08-09-2019, 03:35 AM

Default 300ec, which do you pull more, your seat or muffler?

I pulled my seat for the first time today and am curious about a couple of things.

1. The giant hole that the water sits in where the top of the tank is secured to the frame.....What are your remedies for this

2. The seat only has one bolt at the rear from the factory, but is setup for two(one either side). It's a Catch22 situation fitting both bolts as the RH side cover requires that you remove the seat to undo it, which is ok if you have the factory fitted "one bolt"

But if you want 2 bolts in the seat you have a dilemma

3. The RH side cover has 2 access holes so you can remove the muffler, how often are you gonna be doing that?

Why couldn't Gasgas delete those holes and have one to access the RH side bolt for the seat? And if you need to remove the muffler you have to remove the side cover. Surely you will be removing the seat a shit ton more than the muffler??

Old 08-09-2019, 05:13 AM

Whenever I had the tank removed I cover the hole with a high quality tape so that no water can get in, easy job.

Seat bolts: no one I know wants two bolts, except KTM owners who have two on the models from 2017 (which are a pain to remove in the woods).
Drill a hole in your right side cover if you want one

I removed -or better loosened- the rear muffler a zillion times. Its necessary when you remove the carb for cleaning, tuning, inspection or just because you want to try a smart carb...
Old 08-11-2019, 08:34 PM

Yep one bolt set up is good. Jammed a heap of foam in tank hole to keep mud out. A rubber bung would be a good idea(might look into it myself). Silencer access holes are great. Takes 2 minutes to remove if need be.