Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 05-24-2009, 01:09 PM

If I wasn't watching my kids I would perhaps this week.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:58 PM

alot of the older gasgas bikes if not properly jetted will never idle! dont be scared,its normal for them not to idle
Old 05-24-2009, 08:54 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

bought it today, so now have 2 ec 200's, no word on the broke one today, i was out picking this up. this one has a wierd knocking when i lift the bike from the rear, think its coming from the top of the shock, this fix is more up my alley though so dont mind..

Old 05-25-2009, 01:25 PM

I like your style and soon you will have two running 200's. Your new likely has a clunk coming from the lower shock mount. Be sure not to overtighten the bolt as it gabbing only about 4-5 aluminum threads on the shock clevis.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEB View Post
I like your style and soon you will have two running 200's. Your new likely has a clunk coming from the lower shock mount. Be sure not to overtighten the bolt as it gabbing only about 4-5 aluminum threads on the shock clevis.
just rode the piss out of it today, instead of researching all day.. So heres one for you.. my other one is all tore apart and there is nothing the matter with it, we can not find a bad bearing or marked up metal any freaking where, the noise it was making is not there at all, when turning the crank by hand.. it feels perfectly normal now.. this is going to sound ridiculous but could it be that things were just jammed up and by taking it apart inadvertantly unbind out? that makes no sense at all, but grasping here... the only bearing that even may be close is we can get about 1/4 mm or so of movenment from the crank bearing.. you can not tell by the eye but if you put your finger on it you can feel it move just a super fraction..

the mystery remains,
Old 05-25-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fury1 View Post
alot of the older gasgas bikes if not properly jetted will never idle! dont be scared,its normal for them not to idle
after wringing its neck on some technical stuff today, it all seemed to work itself out, well the shocks still a bit screwy, but fresh gas and loads of hammering on her for a few hours, she actually purrs like a kitten now.. surprisingly so..
Old 05-30-2009, 10:40 PM

Default Update

Its all back together now. Went to the shop and was there when it was started up, started up first kick.. but something is wrong.. there is a growling noise in the engine somewhere.. or a deep whirring noise.. gets louder as you rev the engine. My mechanic working on the bike thinks it may be the crank bearings.. when we had it apart everything looked great though.. we found one ball bearing in the water pump that was stuck.. tough to explain but the centrifugal attachment that lets the ball bearings move the faster the engines reving.. but thats it.. no metal shavings.. nothing.. he says it may be infact the crank bearings.. although they looked great.. any suggestions? Good thing is it fired right off, bad thing is it looks like it needs to come out again..

Our next thought is to run it down to Tasky's Metric Cycle in the form it is now and fire it off and let him have a listen.

any suggestions are welcome!
Old 05-31-2009, 01:41 PM

Gotta be the crank or lower connecting rod bearings with that noise (both maybe). I think pull it apart and replace everything...crank bearings, upper and lower con rod bearings, crank seals and check piston and rings very carefully as well. Clean the heck out of the PV assy and also check reed condition while apart.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:30 PM

bout done with them both.. bought 2 2002 ec 200's this month, and both are screwed up.. first one this threads all about, the second one the previous owner buggered up the top shock mount, i knew something was up but couldnt see in there until today. I took teh rear subframe off with the airbox to get a good look,

so.. heres my history with gas gas..

bought an 03 450 FSE, blew crank at 700 miles.. that was brand new out the door about 9500 bucks..

bought the first 200 for 2000 bucks, got about 3 hours on it, blown up

bought the second for around 1800, got about 3 hours on it, top shock mount is wasted..

Anyone want a couple of gassers for a ktm?
Old 05-31-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEB View Post
Was any coolant in or around tha crank area. Should be easy to spot with the topend off. How does tha crank feel? It should rotate easily by hand with the piston off. If the crank and top end seem fine the next area to look at would be under the right cover. Take the water pump cover and impeller off, you may find the impeller is all buggered up. Next the kickstart and then the side cover can come off. Then take a good look see around. The manual for these biikes can be found here, any of the newer model shop manuals will work for any older model, assuming thats what you have. Good luck I'm sure you will figure it out. These 2t bikes are pretty straight forward and nothing special about the GG to know about .

I had been eyeing your bike on Craigslist. If you got a good deal on it and you don't feel like messing with it I could part it out for you, but you will get it running. Were you at Reiter?

Paul from Everett
may part out the yellow one.. still interested in handling that? Think Im going to keep the black/yellow one. The motor runs right now, runs great actually, but there is a loud growling noise that is not right.. the rest of the bikes in pretty decent shape, plastics arent bad, i have 2 sets..suspension etc is all dialed in on the yellow one..