Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:56 PM

Default Really need help here

I got a 2010 ec300 few months back. I never messed with the headlight until now when I'm finishing my led headlight. It appears the previous owner had cut several wires. I'm not getting any power. I took it all apart and took pics. These wires are on the frame right where the rear brake pressure switch should hook up.

This is the harness for the front end. Two white wires are soldered together.

I'm banging my head reading the schematic trying to figure out what needs to be hooked up for the headlight to have power. The two pin connector up front with red and black appears to go to the speedo. The bike only has a kill and map switch.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator

The yellow wire should give you 12V. Have you been checking for power along the way? I think the problem with be with the bundle where the 2 yellow wires come out. My 2010 had a similar issue where the headlight stopped working and a join where 3 or 4 wires all come together one had pulled out, which I assumed joined to another free wire. Wasn't so and didn't work. Get the multimeter out. Keep reading the schematic in the owners manaual. The 2011 schematic makes more sense too. Worst case I'll pull my headlight shroud and take some photos for you.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:19 PM

I'm gonna get back at it in a few when I get home. I would really appreciate some pics. I know on my husky that the headlight was on circuit, if say the tail light wasn't hooked up the headlight would not work. Or certain grounds ect. I can't figure out ground either. I'm decent with. My fluke 87 but this is getti g silly. Lol and so few wires too.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Use the multimeter to read the 12V with the bike running. Trace the yellow wire from the stator back round until it gets to the headlight. Somewhere you'll notice it you had it, and then you don't. Thats where the problem lies. I'll snap some pics this morn.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

Here is the thread I ran - http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/sho...adlight&page=2

However, it seems to be different. I'm not going to cut back all the tape on my wiring harness to get some photos, but I have snapped the main connector for you. Unfortunately its not going to help as we have different wires going into it at different places.

Thats a Yellow, Grey, Purple, and Green/Yellow wire. On the other side of the connector they exit exactly the same and then run up to the OEM switch block. Hard to tell what happens in the switch but I get wiring coming back for both the high and low beams.

One mine the white and yellow bottom right lead back and connect to the brake switch. The green wire connections to the loom for the kill switch (one end connects to green, the other earths on the frame).

Has your light ever worked? Looks like the previous owner has done a number on it.

Also wiring Schematic is available here - http://www.gasgasmotos.es/en/manuals...11_en.pdf.html
Old 11-07-2013, 04:36 PM

12v AC correct?
Old 11-07-2013, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

Correct. Check the wiring schematic link again. The 2011 one is the right one (or at least matches mine). Page 68. The wiring block in my photo is labelled 3. Use the numbering on the side to check the table for wire colours etc. The large bundle of yellows feeding from the stator will all be joined under the tape in your pictures.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

Checking more. The grey wire is just for the horn so no issue in your harness not connecting the pin on the grey wire. No loss there. The Green/Blue wire to center pin is part of the kill switch circuit.

Can you post a clearer pic of the wiring loom on the other side of the 6 pin block. What I would do is disconnect this loom and probe the yellow pin there for 12V ac with the bike running. Give it some revs and it should maintain the 12V. If it spikes high the reg is gone. It might dip a little under 12V at a low idle and this is normal. I'd say the issues is just with the wiring of the switch and harness to head light.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:24 PM

Ok I'm getting 30v AC at idle!! Everywhere. So I can only assume that my volt reg is toast. This would explain why it would blow bulbs. Well it only blew one.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

Double check it. Thats high for at idle. Does the voltage continue to increase with rpm? If so thats your issue.