Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2018, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

I've removed the name calling, and left what little of the previous couple threads had some value. No issues with us having differing opinions, but no need to resort to name calling. We're all adults here, and I think this is the first moderating I've had to do in the whole time I've spent moderating. I'm disappointed!

Speaking of opinions. I had a 2011 which was Nambo specced by the time I finished tinkering with it. I then purchased a 2013 model. The 13 definitely had a different feel, and the steering not as sharp. It felt bit heavier to lift.. but given the choice to roll either out to the trails I found myself continuing to take the 2013 racing. Ergos felt better to me, and it had much more stability at speed.

I wouldn't take another set of Marzocchi forks if you paid me to do it. Build quality is not there. Performance is good while it lasts. Ohlins TTX is nice, but the KYB gear is on par at a fraction of the price.

I second the comments regarding actual weight. I think many under estimate the trail ready weight of their bikes, and also of themselves.