Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 09-18-2015, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet View Post
Correction, Fred and I caught up yesterday. He now holds the record for the most ISDE gold medals. Very soon, there will be several of us that will begin the push to get Fred inducted in the AMA Hall of Fame... and rightfully so.
Shoe in.

Old 09-18-2015, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Nineteen minus eleven ... yep that's several
It's hard to compare those two as riders.

One is the real deal badass who never took it or himself that seriously and could have been one of the greatest all around offroad riders in the world.Kind of an Ed Lojak thing but even more so because the guy is still "play riding" and can win on any day anywhere.
I mean the best trophy team riders in the world are thinking that if that old dude has a great day and I'm off my game this guy's gonna beat me.What's that like?

The other one is a steady unbreakable guy who married himself to the KDX 200 and that's that.Would have been interesting to see how he would have done with other bike options.

One is a great rider and the other one is a damn good rider.
Old 09-22-2015, 02:40 PM

Cycle News story on Fred see page 32. Btw, where can I buy one of those whup#ss USA jerseys? Btw, Fred seems like a cool guy and old school tough....

http://magazine.cyclenews.com/t/24308-cycle-news

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar

Last edited by Moto7man; 09-23-2015 at 10:00 AM. Reason: grammer
Old 09-23-2015, 07:01 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto7man View Post
Cycle News story on Fred see page 32. Btw, where can I buy one of those whup#ss USA jerseys? Btw, Fred seems a cool guy and old school tough....

http://magazine.cyclenews.com/t/24308-cycle-news
I am very proud to call Fred a friend, and to have worked with him at HSQ. We had a great time. One of my most fondest memories is the time we were racing go carts at Pole Position out in CA and I beat him by holding my lines every lap, never leaving him a hole to pass. I've never seen anyone get so upset because they lost! It was hilarious watching him rant...for hours!

Below is a picture from our last ride as a sales team at HSQ. Far left is ISDE hero Jason Dahners, Jeff Konicke in center, and Fred tightening the fuel cap.

[IMG][/IMG]

Even during our trail rides out in the desert, he would find a way to turn everything into a contest. Fred is VERY competitive at EVERYTHING he does. Losing isn't an option.

This year at the ISDE...seems he was challenged to a push up contest by a certain young super star during their tire changes in impound, and yes...Fred won.