Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > GasGas Member Polls

GasGas Member Polls Find out what everyone thinks about it!

Old 08-05-2016, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMA View Post
I have a 2012 250EC. Where is the PV drain?
There are 2 drain holes:
- one right above the right hand side PV cover
- one on the left of the exhaust mount

There should be tubes connected to the wholes, that go down under the skid plate

Old 08-05-2016, 08:14 PM

Yep I had found the one but didnt know there were two. The one coming from front is crimped shut. not sure about the other. Removing bash plate today to resolve. The spooge out of exhaust was pretty bad.
Thanks very much for this diagram
Old 08-29-2016, 01:19 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMA View Post
Yep I had found the one but didnt know there were two. The one coming from front is crimped shut. not sure about the other. Removing bash plate today to resolve. The spooge out of exhaust was pretty bad.
Thanks very much for this diagram
The drain to the front, part #18 in the diagram, is the actual pv drain. It keeps the left powervalve cover emptied, which allows the system to work properly.
The top "drain", part #18A, is the vent for the transmission/clutch. It uses the area around the pv actuator rod as a vent for the transmission as the vapors make their way to the vent nipple (#18A).
I personally drill out both vent nipples to about 1/8" id.

To keep moisture out of the transmission oil during deep water crossings, I route the vent hose from the upper vent nipple (#18A) up next to and over the top of my right radiator, attaching the vent hose to my top right radiator hose. This makes the end of the vent hose be in sight through the hole in the right radiator shroud, which lets me know a bit more about what is going on in the transmission.

Good Riding and Wrenching!
Jim

'11 Gas Gas EC250 (primary ride)
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
'04 KTM 525EXC (soon to be dual sported)
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi19/wudi19.html
http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/

Last edited by Jim Cook; 01-03-2019 at 05:09 PM.
Old 10-14-2018, 08:00 PM

Ammsoil Dominator or Interceptor with race fuel. The fuel is just as important as the oil for engine longevity and clean power valves.
Old 11-03-2018, 04:22 AM

For riders in the UK, Exol Optima Racing 2 Stroke oil.

http://www.exol-lubricants.com/autom...etails/?PID=62

This all looks too good to be true - a high spec racing oil for around ?5 per litre! If you buy bulk containers of 20 or 25 litres it works out as cheap as ?3.50. Check out eBay listings or Lubetech in Leicester. It is a red oil with a low flashpoint, very similar to Castrol TTS.

Don't be concerned by this, it's an incredible oil that performs at least as well as the brand leaders costing 2-3 times more. Very clean burning, minimal smoke and spooge and the engine is always very clean inside. Any carbon deposits are easily wiped off.

Very well known inside the UK KTM riders forum and used by most riders on there. I have been using it for several years and wouldn't buy anything else. Runs fine at 50:1. UK made too.

Probably just proves that the main brands are a ripoff.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudolfHucker View Post
At the moment I'm using Ipone Samourai Fully Synthetic, it's a French brand and very popular in France.

https://www.ipone.fr/en/product/samourai-racing/

I've had no problems with it and it's a reasonable price, but I'm always willing to try something else, I might give the Exol Optima a try.

I see the Exol oil meets the JASO FD specification, the same as other top quality 2 stroke oils.

I've not heard of Exol before but I guess that's because they don't spend loads of money on sponsorship and advertising, hence the cheaper price. I'm a great believer that just because something is expensive doesn't mean that it's the best quality.

Last edited by Davehuge; 11-05-2018 at 11:06 AM.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:21 AM

I agree entirely. I believe that the world has lost the link between cost and value. I present most things made in China as evidence.

Exol oil is very similar to Castrol TTS/ Power 1 so it may be that Exol are the OEM and the product goes into whichever bottle the wholesale customer has handy. Then a massive markup gets added.
Old 11-05-2018, 05:48 PM

Of course, made in China doesn't automatically mean low quality. There's many high quality products manufactured in China.

I always try my hardest to avoid been sucked in by the marketing/advertising and make purchases based on my own judgement.

Last edited by Davehuge; 11-06-2018 at 02:19 AM.
Old 12-24-2018, 07:22 PM

Default 2 stroke oil

I still the original Golden Spectro. I haved use it going on 50 years with no problems.
I also use ATF type F in the transmission.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudolfHucker View Post

http://www.exol-lubricants.com/autom...etails/?PID=62

This all looks too good to be true - a high spec racing oil for around ?5 per litre! If you buy bulk containers of 20 or 25 litres it works out as cheap as ?3.50. Check out eBay listings or Lubetech in Leicester. It is a red oil with a low flashpoint, very similar to Castrol TTS.

Don't be concerned by this, it's an incredible oil that performs at least as well as the brand leaders costing 2-3 times more. Very clean burning, minimal smoke and spooge and the engine is always very clean inside. Any carbon deposits are easily wiped off.

Very well known inside the UK KTM riders forum and used by most riders on there. I have been using it for several years and wouldn't buy anything else. Runs fine at 50:1. UK made too.

Probably just proves that the main brands are a ripoff.
Just ordered 5 litres of Exol Optima Fully Synthetic M124, only 23.99 GBP for 5 litres on eBay with free postage.

I've read many reviews on different 2 stroke forums, posted by people who've been using it for years in road and competition engines. I can't find any negative comments only positive.

Exol Optima.jpg