Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:08 PM

when my reeds went it would bog out big time would not hit the power bands at all, but i doubt its that.
the stator plate will only go on in one position, if it was out it would run but pop and bang like a car or just have no power.
there is a wood draft key on the crank just make sure it has not fallen out.
im the same as you my knowledge is limited with electrics its a process of elimination
try a old spark plug that you no works, also try a diffrent ht cap and lead.
im not working tomorrow i will have a look at my bike and a wiring diagram and figure out what to test and how i did it

Old 06-18-2012, 06:08 PM

Ceres Phil, I'll try that as well, the plate did seem to be welded in place, but I didn't take much notice of the big oval shape at the top under the pick up, I kind of assumed it was all one peice. I hadn't put the bolt or washers in on the 10 and 5.00 positions when I took the picture.

@Ktmandy
Old 06-18-2012, 06:11 PM

Cheers for that Grant, wudruff key was in place, good point, the fly wheel can only go in one way because of that! Think I'm getting tired, should have thought about that

@Ktmandy
Old 06-18-2012, 06:28 PM

there is a blue wire that goes to the coils connected with a spade type connection, this is the live, if you have a circuit tester or the bulb trick,pt one end in it and one to earth kick it over and see what happens if you get sign of life the stator should be ok if not you have a
red/white
black/red
red
green coming from the stator, im not sure if any are negitive but test these anyway
the feed from the cdi is black and yellow this will conect to the blue LT test it and clean again pull all the cdi connections and clean and wd
for now mate that all i can do
Old 06-18-2012, 06:32 PM

on the home page in the manaul section there is a basic wiring digram it would be worth a stdy
Old 06-18-2012, 08:36 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Check the reeds. Forgot about that, it always escapes my feeble mind. No gaps = good, any gap = bad. Big gap and missing chips = terrible.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:41 PM

Since your this deep into it.. test the excitor coil of the stator. The sinle black covered post. This has the connector that goes up to your ignition/cdi. The spec should be the same as the KTM, below 14 ohm resistance between the two wires going to the cdi/ign bad. if you have a good hairdryer and the specs are lower of close to the 14, 14.4-15.5 good, heat the excitor coil up with a hairdryer and retest. Does sound like reed or powervavle not connected correctly after reassemble tho. Good luck!
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 06-27-2012, 05:35 PM

Found the problem with the stator... A severed wire behind the plate!!!

One step closer, souldered it up, I have a big fat juicy spark... Now, all the dicking about with the jets and carbs, needs reverting, as it's drowning at the moment lol

@Ktmandy
Old 06-27-2012, 06:24 PM

Ill be home at dinnertime today if you need any help
Old 07-05-2012, 11:39 AM

The s continues! At least, by the end of this, I'll pretty much have a brand new bike...

New fork seals
New big end bearing
New crank
New small end bearing
New wossner piston and rings
New clutch plates

I found the problem with the lack of spark, the wire on the back of the stator had snapped! So that's been replaced.

Still wouldn't fire.... Taken carbs apart, cleaned and levelled the float using the great instructions on this forum.
Still nothing!
So took the reed block out, that was ok when I rebuilt the bottom end and top end and found this.....,,

Don't know how or why it's smashed, maybe it got brittle??? So next question, I've got the part number, but only ones I can find are like ?60 or $100 plus P&P. Does anyone have a suggestion where to get a set from?

When I bought this bike, my knowledge stopped at changing the oil and spark plug and cleaning the air filter.... Jesus! What I don't know now about bloody 2-strokes lol!

Please help!!

Part number ME25616041

@Ktmandy