Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 05-03-2009, 10:25 PM

Default Twin Air Aluminum filter cage

Again, new GasGas rider here, but the stock filter setup scared me a bit as it is a little finicky to get it installed correctly, you really gotta' pay attention to make sure it's seated correctly and out here in AZ we have this stuff called silt, that will eat anything metallic it contacts. So the local distributor hooked me up with this setup. Much more positive engagement with lip on the airbox, the filter has 5 pins instead of 3. Also a bit longer than the stock plastic cage making it a bit tighter, of course you could probably accomplish the same thing with some shims. And the gold anodizing looks pretty cool. A big thanks to Go-Fasters and Tom @ GasGas Southwest for turning us on to this filter setup.

And that is what a filter looks like that has just been run through an 8 hr endurance race on my son's '09 EC250R.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:56 PM

It doubles as a fine gladiator weapon as well.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:44 AM

That's sweet! Is that made to fit the newer air boxes or do you have to modify the airbox to accept the locating pins? I would like to put it on both of my bikes.

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)
Old 05-28-2009, 08:19 AM

I'm not sure about the crossover between years. We put it on my son's '09 EC250.