Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 02-15-2017, 11:52 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Default Why do we have places like this

Why doesn't the US have website like this with all the parts and prices?

http://www.enduropuro.it/shop/en/5-gasgas-enduro-parts

Old 02-16-2017, 08:15 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danj56 View Post
Why doesn't the US have website like this with all the parts and prices?

http://www.enduropuro.it/shop/en/5-gasgas-enduro-parts
If I had to make a shot in the dark I'd guess it is probably because North America leans more towards motocross than enduro riding. More people makes more money. Also most of the large online retailers carry parts for the orange brand. And there just arent enough of us who have seen the light and bought a bike from a company that doesn't gouge us on parts.

Still... Might be a good business venture for you! Let me know how it works out!
Old 02-16-2017, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubbornDutchman View Post

Still... Might be a good business venture for you! Let me know how it works out!
I got a job, thanks. It just gets frustrating trying to find parts you need. Brake rotors, rims, seat covers, plastic, bling etc. Gas gas website doesn't even list parts for anything but the newest bikes and no prices. My closest dealer doesn't even list Gas Gas!!!
Old 02-16-2017, 09:05 AM

Quote:
I got a job, thanks. It just gets frustrating trying to find parts you need. Brake rotors, rims, seat covers, plastic, bling etc. Gas gas website doesn't even list parts for anything but the newest bikes and no prices. My closest dealer doesn't even list Gas Gas!!!
Call your closest GasGas dealer. Sometimes a good old phone call will get you so much farther than an hours long google search. If your dealer won't help you call Brett from BonJoes Cycle in New York. He will be glad to ship anything to you and knows GasGas inside out. Tell him Rick from Ontario sent ya!
Old 02-16-2017, 09:34 AM

I know how to buy parts, I've been doing this for over 44 years and this isn't my first Gas Gas. I like to be able to see what I'm buying and my closest dealer is a state away and like I said his website doesn't even list the Gas Gas brand.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:50 AM

Besides Gas Gas doesn't have a large dealer network and my point here is these people have a website in Europe that's nice. I can see what I'm buying, I know it's what I'm looking for and I know what it costs.Problem is it isn't in the USA. I don't see a need to have to call someone, talk to a person on a phone who may or may not know crap about what I need and I'm going to get something that is wrong and I have to send it back and wait. I worked at a dealership and they hired kids who knew how to twist a throttle but didn't know the difference from a main bearing or a wheel bearing. Motocross has nothing to do with it. We have enduros, hare scrambles, Turkey runs and GNCC. In New England we have NETRA and JDAY.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:28 AM

I have to agree with Dan. I buy parts online from a place in the UK, and 2 places in Spain and they have well set out websites with pictures and prices. The U.S. sites seem to be very basic and hard to use. Even in Australia our importer has a website with all of the parts diagrams and prices well laid out and we would have just a fraction of the bikes that exist in the states.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:39 PM

Quote:
I know how to buy parts, I've been doing this for over 44 years and this isn't my first Gas Gas. I like to be able to see what I'm buying and my closest dealer is a state away and like I said his website doesn't even list the Gas Gas brand.
Apologies if I came off a bit crass. My intent was not to be so.

I can't agree more with the frustration of dealers hiring kids who know lots about graphics kits and anodized oil caps but little about cranks and transmissions. Its aggravating, and shipping parts back on your own dime because they sent the wrong thing is even worse.

Thats what I love about Brett from Bonjoes. He owns the shop, runs the parts counter, manages the sales, and is the head mechanic. Actually, he runs the whole shop by himself. He only sells GasGas, TM Racing, and AJP. He also races in the NEPG himself. Thats my kinda dealer!

I get that it would be nice to have a website to order parts from and maybe it'll come to North America one day soon with the growth of enduro. But I like supporting the small guys. Big websites can really hurt the small dealers, and I'd rather pay a couple bucks extra and get the parts from a friendly guy who loves riding and gives me free advice when I call him up to chat.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubbornDutchman View Post
I'd rather pay a couple bucks extra and get the parts from a friendly guy who loves riding and gives me free advice when I call him up to chat.

Couldn't agree more, I buy the majority of my stuff from my local bike shop, I can walk there in 4 minutes from my house and he sells gas gas! how awesome is that!
Old 02-17-2017, 07:26 AM

The GasGas website in Australia appears to be run by the importer but also involves all of the dealers in the parts buying process.

The site has all of the parts diagrams for the bikes and all of the prices listed. After you place your order the nearest dealer contacts you and obtains your credit card details and processes the payment. You then have the option of having the parts mailed direct to your door or you can pick them up from the dealer.

Not sure of all of the details but it seems that the dealer gets a cut and doesn't miss out in the process. The dealer also gets a chance to build some rapport with customers with the possibility of getting the customer into their store as well.