Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 05-19-2009, 11:59 AM

Default E Line Pipe Guard

Hello Guys,
I Am Trying To Replace My Meca System Carbon Pipe Guard And I Have Quoted For An E Line One To A Supplier.
He Offered Me The E Line Model Which Is For Messico Pipe For Models 98 - 05.
My Bike Is A Gas Gas Ec 300 09 With Stock Pipe, The Supplier Insists That The E Line Pipe Guard Will Fit As Gg Uses The Same Pipes,
Is That True???

Old 05-19-2009, 12:23 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaissidis View Post
Hello Guys,
I Am Trying To Replace My Meca System Carbon Pipe Guard And I Have Quoted For An E Line One To A Supplier.
He Offered Me The E Line Model Which Is For Messico Pipe For Models 98 - 05.
My Bike Is A Gas Gas Ec 300 09 With Stock Pipe, The Supplier Insists That The E Line Pipe Guard Will Fit As Gg Uses The Same Pipes,
Is That True???
Check these out.
http://www.pirieperfprod.com/p32strokepipeguard.html
Old 05-19-2009, 12:27 PM

P3???????are Those Guards Better??
Old 05-19-2009, 03:12 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaissidis View Post
P3???????are Those Guards Better??
No personal experience. SkiDad speaks very highly of them and they do seem to have more coverage than the E-Line. I'll be looking at them when my E-Line falls apart.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:27 PM

The E-Line (Ree-Line) guards are CRAP...at least the one I have for the stock OEM 07 pipe I have (not a FMF pipe but the OEM GG pipe that is the same shape from 2003-2007). The Euro OEM GG 08-09 pipes have a different shape from what I understand to help with ground clearance.

I was waiting on this info to post for when I have pictures available but here is what I did (sorry no pictures yet)

I sent my stock 07 OEM GG pipe to P3 so he could make make a mold to make a guard that fits the OEM 03-07 shape. I also sent along the crappy Ree-Line guard for him to look at. I drew an outline on my pipe where I felt a good guard would cover (MUCH more than the e-line covers) and would let P3 decide what he wanted to do.

Although it took awhile what came back was SHOCKING. The difference between the P3 and the e-line guard is amazing, just night and day better for the P3. Not only did he follow my diagram almost exactly but the thing is almost 3X thicker than the e-line as well and the quality is just beautiful. Nice resessed areas for the hose clamps also.

If you have the choice GET the P3 hands down. Eric at P3 was also terrific to deal with. When I get a chance I will post some pictures.

http://pirieperfprod.com/p3home.html
Old 05-19-2009, 08:08 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default .

Skidad said it. have eline cf on my 05. The pipe just gets damaged under the cover, also the cf cover cracked after 2 years. Keep in mind i'm hard on these pipe gaurds jumping trees and large rocks, but no more than the average GG rider. Go with the HYDE combo.
KTM990 ADV
2005 DE250, son's bike.
2004 rm 134 son?s bike
1949 HD panhead custom
2015 Beta 430 Race Edition, sold
2008 ec300, sold
2011 ec200 sold
2004 Triumph Daytona 955I(sold)
2004 Honda RC51, Nicky Edition. Sold
2003 Aprilia rsv1000 R crashed
KTM 450 XCW (sold)
Husaberg FE 501, sold, FE400. sold
2004 KTM 200 exc.(son's bike)sold
2004 Mxc 450 , sold
Many orange bikes also sold.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:29 PM

Get the Hyde.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:24 PM

Thanks for your opinions,
SKIDAD I will wait for your pictures before I purchase anything
Old 05-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

For what it's worth I have the P3 currently. I have had alot of experience with various carbon fiber guards over the years.

The p 3 is very good a much thicker, better made unit than the E line, period! It is a work of art and screams quality. I do have one complaint however. The pipe guards coverage coming out of the cylinder head has been shortened up compared to others I've owned and your own front tire roost actually can dent that first few inches of exposed exhaust pipe if you run fast desert races or fast gravel road transfer sections.

The P3 guard will most likely prevent crush damage in all but the worst cases. But as with all carbon fiber guards that clamp directly on to the expansion chamber, they will not prevent the dreaded kinked pipe that is now miss aligned and rubbing through your gas tank. Usually happens when you loft a tire over a rock or log and come up short. How do I know? Yep lots of experience. Why do you think I have tried so many guards, not because there cheap, yep I came up short.
I think thats where the Hyde skid plate pipe guard combo shines. The two guards are connected as one so that helps keep the exhaust in place. To bad the material is too soft in my opinion and flexes creating dented pipes and frame rails, not to mention melting if things get out of whack.

Honestly in my opinion the P3 is the best carbon guard since Les (LTRacing) was selling the ones made locally around here.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!