Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:27 PM

Default Float Level, Proper Adjustment?

Is there a good rule of thumb how far a bike can lean to the left and right before fuel comes out of the over flow fuel lines? I have tried 3 times to adjust the float level but it seems like I am leaking more fuel than on my other bikes. Fuel begins to flow out of the over flow lines when the bike leans to the left side at about 40-45 degrees. As always any and all help or comments is appreciated. Or am I just over thinking this and the condition is normal?

Old 06-12-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtshdwwz View Post
Is there a good rule of thumb how far a bike can lean to the left and right before fuel comes out of the over flow fuel lines? I have tried 3 times to adjust the float level but it seems like I am leaking more fuel than on my other bikes. Fuel begins to flow out of the over flow lines when the bike leans to the left side at about 40-45 degrees. As always any and all help or comments is appreciated. Or am I just over thinking this and the condition is normal?
45 degrees is a pretty big lean angle. Also the carb also doesn't sit exactly straight up and down in the gasser, so its already on a slight angle with the top pointing to the left.