Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default weak regulater mount material?

Has anyone else with an 07 or 08 300 experienced a problem with a weak mounting bracket that attach's the regulator to the coil ? Never had an issue with my 04 or 06.

Mine has broken twice with no impact to it. I think it is from vibration but not sure. I repaired it once, but it broke again in another place this weekend at a high speed wide open style venue. They don't call me REVERUP for nothing.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!

Old 10-08-2008, 12:23 AM

Well I just went out and checked mine and a year of riding later no cracks. You must be the better man.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:09 AM

my reg mount is ok, but the rubber strap that holds the ignition box under the seat has rotted in only 10 months of use! it looks like the rubber mounts under my 20 year old pickup.

FOR THE SECOND TIME 07 EC300 polisport headlight, acerbis taillight ltr pv cover and case saver,trailtech endurance,120z fww, g2 throttle,xr chain puck:
Old 10-08-2008, 05:37 PM

Roscoe,

Do you mean the small tab that is part of the regulator? I have had no issues, but I could see if it got loose and vibrated it would not last long.

All the rubbber straps on GGs appear to be natural rubber and dry rot fast if left alone, but a coating of Armor All or silicone grease will make them last a long time. Try it.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:45 PM

Glenn ya its weird, it is the metal tab. The first time it broke where the plastic is melted onto metal tab. Half the tab came out of the plastic and the other half of the metal tab actually broke leaving that section in the plastic. So I repaired it with some kick ass epoxy.

A couple races later it broke straight across the metal tab right above the bolt and my repair held fine. Not a loose bolt problem, or crash, just broken and unexplained dangling by the wires smacking exhaust repeatedly. I don't know maybe roost got to it twice.

On a side note, I have had the gas tank rubber strap eat up from spilling fuel on my 2008 and running down frame rail during pit stop.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 10-08-2008, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroDog View Post
Well I just went out and checked mine and a year of riding later no cracks. You must be the better man.
Nope, just less lucky I think!

Old 10-09-2008, 12:49 PM

Well, I figured it out.
The rear most frame mount tab for the coil was cracked through but you could not tell. I started unbolting it and noticed excessive movement of the coil when it should have been snug. So only the front coil frame tab mount was doing the job.
I was partially right it was vibration that kept killing the regulator tab.

Glad I got that sorted out.

Roscoe

Old 10-09-2008, 01:22 PM

Roscoe, looking at mine last night I noticed the Regulator is zip tied to the coil. I will have to investigate the rear frame tab.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:49 PM

Hey Paul did you find anything?

Or did they just tie it to shore it up from vibration.

Roscoe