Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 01-18-2008, 07:50 PM

The biggest PIA with the Hyde is the mounts. Jay had new mounts made up that he sent with mine, but they still sucked so I rebent them and made up my own center mount with M6 hardware. Not hard and all is fine now. The concept is great, details lacking a bit, but a lot of stuff is like that. Mine has taken some serious hits and the pipe is fine. Its full of scratches and gouges but no dents or cracks. I'm sure I would have wrecked another CRD plate and e-line pipe guard (and pipe) by now. I would buy another, as it does the job for me and I ride in a rough neighborhood.

Old 01-19-2008, 11:56 AM

aside from mounting it originally,mine has taken an absoulute beating last season,not really any signs of it though,couple tears in the material near the footpeg area,and one of the rear mounts has spun the threaded part off the rest of the mount,its just spinning,but it cant loosen up
Old 04-23-2008, 03:10 PM

I have had mine on for about three monthes now. I took it off last night and found a new dent(the only one) in the bottom frame rail. I have spent the better part of this morning fitting a plastic cutting board to the bottom of the hyde. It should be indestructable! Pics to follow.

Paul B
Old 04-23-2008, 05:01 PM

Paul,

I got 6 feet of Delrin tubing, about 5mm wall thickness with an ID close to the frame rail OD. I plan to cut just enough of the circumference out to snap pieces over the frame rail sections. It was fairly cheap and seems like a clean and lightweight enhancement, although there are no dents in my frame rails. As soon as I can use my right arm I'll do it.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:02 PM

Default Cutting Board add on

After a dent to the frame rail with the hyde-combo I came up with this. Rock crawlers are using this stuff so why not a dirtbike? I got a piece of hdpe plastic at a specialty shop but I am sure a cutting board would work, though I tried one and it broke while trying to bend it. Will test it out at Taskys demo day Sunday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cutting board 001 Small Web view.jpg (35.2 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg cutting board 002 Small Web view.jpg (46.3 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg cutting board 003 Small Web view.jpg (34.3 KB, 83 views)
Old 08-03-2008, 07:59 PM

anyone have any issues keeping the front bracket on the bike??
I'm talking about the bracket that goes on the frame rails up front on the combo skid plate. I ran a harescramble last week and when I washed all the mud out I noticed that the bracket was missing. I found it towards the back of the skid plate. Both mounting screw backed out and were missing. I put it back on and rode today and when I washed out all the mud one of the mounting screws had fallen out and the bracket was parallel to the frame rails and held on by the one mounting screw left on. Both screws had been tightened down pretty good. says not to use loctite but I'm going to use some blue next time. Little weird, hadn't had any issues, then two rides in a row the front bracket gives it up???
Old 11-24-2008, 07:07 PM

A little head up for the folks running the combo. I took mine off the othe rday and noticed it had been rubbing against the water pump cover. It wore a nice little flat spot on the housing. Not sure how long it would have taken it to wear right through. I figured it was from getting banged around on the trail. A little later into my tear down I found that the upper exhuast pipe mount had broken it weld and was floating in the frame. I'm thinking that perhaps this allowed enough movemnnet to cause the wear. maybe ... maybe not.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:47 PM

I'll take some pics of my new mounts, extra tuff I think.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid jackson View Post
A little head up for the folks running the combo. I took mine off the othe rday and noticed it had been rubbing against the water pump cover. It wore a nice little flat spot on the housing.
I had a similar thing happen. I drilled a hole in the Hyde guard next to the water pump cover and stuck in one of the rubber grommets. It now keeps the plastic guard off the water pump cover.