Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > GasGas Member Polls

GasGas Member Polls Find out what everyone thinks about it!

Old 01-19-2007, 07:57 AM

Default Is this website for Gasgas bikes?

Can't help wondering,...... If this is a website for Gasgas riders and owners then why do people post pics of KTM's, Hondas etc etc. Surely there are
other web sites for "other brand " bike riders to post pics and musings on?.

Not that i mind but when i had a Yamaha wr426 I was busy looking at Yamaha web sites and certainly would'nt put my Gasser on a Yamaha site.
So there ya go if you own a mighty Honda then go post your pics, thoughts there.
Just an observation.....
Lexp

Old 01-19-2007, 03:09 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Hi Lexp,
I have enjoyed the photos that you have posted. Keep 'em coming. When I think of riding in Australia, I think of the large amount of space, but I never thought about riding on the beach. That is a nice pic of you going off that ledge (not so successfully).

Some post pictures of other bikes when they have them for sale - others post pictures of their new bike after they switch brands.

By the way, user's can create private photo gallery's and then send links to friends/family. This is how I will probably store those incriminating photos of me from new years eve - it involved a John Travolta impersonation ala "Saturday Night Fever". 'nuf said...

jeff

Last edited by jeffd; 01-19-2007 at 05:05 PM.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:05 PM

I am a Gas GAS rider, racer, and owner. A regular die hard fan. But I also like other makes. I flat out enjoy anything to do with dirt bikes!

So I'm interested in anything else you Gas Gas guys around the world own, or have owned, or just plain have rode, no mater on what brand of bike.

Lex P, if that cool ledge crash picture that you posted was on that big XR 650 that made it into the background of that beach photo shot of yours, I would still want to see it! Even though it wasn't on a Gas Gas, and I believe most on here would too.

I think what makes this site and the people on it so cool is the fact that they are up front and don't hide the fact they don’t ride a Gas Gas any longer, or are thinking of a change of brand. Or are adding a Honda to their collection. In the end they still have experience with the brand and are Gas Gas enthusiasts.

The bottom line for me is sometimes it’s slow on here, not many new posts. And the things even not directly about Gas Gas are entertaining to me, whether it’s a picture or a story, or just a dirt bike enthusiast’s opinion.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:36 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Well said Reverup!
Old 01-20-2007, 07:45 AM

Yep! We are just one big happy "Dirty" family. I do like to razz the KTM'ers though.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
Yep! We are just one big happy "Dirty" family. I do like to razz the KTM'ers though.
Me too! Every chance I get I throw in a little jab at my friends with KTMs. There are so many of em the chance comes up regularly! But its all in fun! Cause like I said before, I like anything to do with dirt bikes! Even when it comes to those Gord colored Valve slappin KTM 4 strokes! See I just cant help myself!

Like for last years 25 hour race here in Washington. I wrote a lengthy ride report for my clubs website about how the 3 KTMs on my team all had mechanical issues or bad luck. One was a factory defect( I rest my case ) and only got 2 laps in before it was out of the race.The other got a flat and the last one had brake caliper issues. While the 2 blue bikes(a Yamaha WR 450) it's pilot had a smooth sailing race, and my Gas Gas 300 which was ultimately shared between 2 racers for virtually the whole 25 hours did not have a single issue.

Now that the NMA has a small section in Trail Rider magazine. I plan on submitting an edited version of my ride report on this race in hind sight to get people jazzed up about it again for this years contest.Keep an eye out if you all read trail rider, it's the best mag. Speaking of trail Rider, Columnist Ed Hertfelder Will be at our awards banquet tonight doing part of the presentation for the evenings ceremonies, should be fun!

Later, Roscoe
Old 01-21-2007, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVERUP View Post
I think what makes this site and the people on it so cool is the fact that they are up front and don't hide the fact they don’t ride a Gas Gas any longer, or are thinking of a change of brand. Or are adding a Honda to their collection. In the end they still have experience with the brand and are Gas Gas enthusiasts.
Thanks Rev for posting this... this hits the nail on the head for me. I recently sold me GG and picked up a KTM 200EXC. There's nothing wrong with trying out different bikes. I feel that I still have my GG experiences/maintenance tips to share with my family here. Just because I'm on a orange bike now, doesn't make me an anti-GasGas person. I still promote the GG brand to my friends. Each brand of bike has advantages and disadvantages... there is not a perfect bike out there. Like Rev said, I don't hide the fact that I'm on a KTM now. I put it in my signature and posted some pics in my photo gallery.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattR View Post
Thanks Rev for posting this... this hits the nail on the head for me. I recently sold me GG and picked up a KTM 200EXC. There's nothing wrong with trying out different bikes. I feel that I still have my GG experiences/maintenance tips to share with my family here. Just because I'm on a orange bike now, doesn't make me an anti-GasGas person. I still promote the GG brand to my friends. Each brand of bike has advantages and disadvantages... there is not a perfect bike out there. Like Rev said, I don't hide the fact that I'm on a KTM now. I put it in my signature and posted some pics in my photo gallery.
Traitor! Just Kidding Matt.

All bikes have their good things and bad things about them. That is what makes it great trying out different machines.

Me I love my GG and I want the 07.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:51 PM

I'm here cause I'm interested in Gassers. Don't own one yet. So we'll have to make do with my KTM avator for now. It's all about trying new things. My 300 may be the sweetest bike I"ve ever owned. But I can't help wonder what the 07 GG 300 would be like with its 6 sp trans and a full Ohlins suspension.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:57 PM

Default gas gas

ktm is good for october