Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caravan Monster View Post
There's alot of dirt on that main bearing seal and possibly oil. The dirt can damage the seal lips, causing an air leak. Is there any up / down movement in the crank bearings ?
Just got done checking it and there is no play, i cleaned up the dirt though. I have re installed the flywheel and it does not start. How do you bypass the yellow/black kill switch wire from the CDI. I am wondering if this is the issue.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:43 PM

Question I am at a lost

So, I have checked the timing and its correct. If you have read the prior posts, i have tried everything. Keeping in mind the bike ran perfect and shut off properly then when i went to start it 4 or 5 days later it would not start. The only thing i did was trim the green wire from the kill switch back because it wasn't connected to anything. I have looked at the CDI and the only other thing that seems odd (although it must have been this way all along) is there is a yellow wire that does not have anything plugged into it. This yellow wire is coming from the bundle of wires out of the flywheel case beside the magnito.:mad
Old 01-16-2013, 06:11 PM

Sounds like what my 200 was doing. Just a shout in the dark but my wires were not plunged all the way in on CDI it looked like they were but weren't.

02 EC 200
03 MC 250
88 VT 800
01 TXT 280
Old 01-16-2013, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

Yellow wires are your 12V. If all you have done is something with the green wire then try and undo it. I went through the wiring on mine not long ago and I think I recall the same on mine. I unplugged a wire that I thought went nowhere. I'm sure it only resulted in the kill switch not working until I earthed it again. I think..

www.gasgasmotos.es - download the manual for your year and pull up the wiring diagram. It helps!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Yellow wires are your 12V. If all you have done is something with the green wire then try and undo it. I went through the wiring on mine not long ago and I think I recall the same on mine. I unplugged a wire that I thought went nowhere. I'm sure it only resulted in the kill switch not working until I earthed it again. I think..

www.gasgasmotos.es - download the manual for your year and pull up the wiring diagram. It helps!
The green wire was already unplugged prior to the issues starting, so i actually did not change it. This one may have to go to the local mechanic.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbutler View Post
Sounds like what my 200 was doing. Just a shout in the dark but my wires were not plunged all the way in on CDI it looked like they were but weren't.
Just got checking them and still a no go.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:36 PM

Default Another thought

Would a bad strator cause this? If so is there a way to test it before buying one.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:44 PM

I would say if you have spark it is good. Have you tried unplugging the kill switch and starting it?

02 EC 200
03 MC 250
88 VT 800
01 TXT 280
Old 01-16-2013, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbutler View Post
I would say if you have spark it is good. Have you tried unplugging the kill switch and starting it?
Yea, I unplugged it from the CDI and still nothing. The spark looked good.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:20 PM

if you have spark then the problem isn't the kill switch wires (they kill the spark ) and won't be any other wire issues either. Keyway is a good clue it isn't a timing issue.
The only other thing is fuel/compression.

Is the plug getting wet after you have been trying to start it? Not wet = no fuel.
If the plug isn't wet try laying the bike on its side until fuel dribbles from the overflow then try to start it.

Next is to check the rings to see if they have stuck. My kid burned his rings (polite way to say he melted things) and the bike still felt like it had compression when trying to start it but wouldn't even pop.

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)