Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:10 AM

Default 2010 300 flywheel weight choices

I just upgraded from a 2001 EC that was setup for ALL low end and it pulls like a son of a gun but I wanted a little more top to be perfect. On my 2010 I got the RB carb mod and up top it is pretty good but down low does not lug like the 01. I am gonna steal the PV cover off the 01, but what flywheel weight it stock? Just wondering how much I can pick up there. My hope is between those and perhaps a head mod I can get pretty close to the low end I was at without sacrificing much of the top end.

What do you guys think?

Old 04-26-2011, 11:14 PM

I can't believe no response.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:05 AM

Stock will be a 2k3 flywheel/stator, I dont know what the flywheel effect of that is compared to the 2k2 flywheel/stator, or a 2k3 with a weight.
2k3 has the wires exit the stator cover at 2pm, 2k2 exits at 10am
Old 04-27-2011, 01:12 AM

i dont know why you need it too lug anymore then it already does

my 2011 300 is nuts how low it will go
Old 04-27-2011, 02:44 AM

My experience of a FWW was that it does little/nothing to add or subtract from the power - it would not lug better but there again it didn't take anything way from hoisting the front wheel either.

What it did was smooth things out so the biggest difference I found was on difficult climbs I could change gear without breaking traction which was a huge bonus.

I got a Stealy 12oz weight - it's not for the GG but maybe honda or something a search on here should tell you the crossover parts BUT I had to have a nut made up by an engineering firm because the stock one will not fit so I'd look around for a weight specifically for the GG.

The PV cover will make a difference to low end trque though - other than that I'd look at pipe and jetting, the biggest difference will be pipe but again you can't have everything a low end pipe will not rev as nice, I find the stock pipe a perfect balance and wouldn't want to gat a gnarly or similar.
'95 ish XR630 (died many times in Oz)
Old 04-27-2011, 07:57 AM

After experimenting with the powervalve cover on my '10 300 I wound up leaving it off. Reason being is that while it made the bottom end stronger it softened throttle response a little and delayed the hit when the bike came "on the pipe". By that I mean the engine had to rev further before it came into the powerband.

I still have the cover PM me if you are interested. It works, but not like I thought it would.