Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 05-27-2013, 09:08 PM

Default Suspension setup for FSE 450. Who can work on this bike?

I am in need of a good suspension builder/tuner for a GAS GAS FSE 450, 2003 flavor. Bought the bike with 410 miles on it about 4 months ago. I got about 1200 on it now. I got the bike primarily for DS rides, but like to occasionally ride it to the place I practice moto at.

I have several newer generation Yamaha 450's, one with full TTX Ohlins suspension. I know that the GAS GAS wasn't designed to be ridden like a YZ, but I have trouble with the bike-it feels like it is squirmy when landing. Oh, it also comes down like a tank. I really don't car about it being soft like a pillow. I want it more like a MX bike.

The front feels way soft, but maybe I am expecting too much. I also cannot tell if it has WP or Zoochi forks, as the manual said it could have either. The forks are titanium in color, and the rebound is on top, with compression on the bottom.

Anyhow, any help with clickers or a knowledgeable tuner would be of much help.

Most people do not have any experience with this bike, and I do not want to experiment with it. I want someone who knows their stuff. Unfortunately, the guys at Ohlins are not much help on setup for this model.

I live in central PA.

Thanks
Greg

Old 05-27-2013, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olderandyzer View Post
I am in need of a good suspension builder/tuner for a GAS GAS FSE 450, 2003 flavor. Bought the bike with 410 miles on it about 4 months ago. I got about 1200 on it now. I got the bike primarily for DS rides, but like to occasionally ride it to the place I practice moto at.

I have several newer generation Yamaha 450's, one with full TTX Ohlins suspension. I know that the GAS GAS wasn't designed to be ridden like a YZ, but I have trouble with the bike-it feels like it is squirmy when landing. Oh, it also comes down like a tank. I really don't car about it being soft like a pillow. I want it more like a MX bike.

The front feels way soft, but maybe I am expecting too much. I also cannot tell if it has WP or Zoochi forks, as the manual said it could have either. The forks are titanium in color, and the rebound is on top, with compression on the bottom.

Anyhow, any help with clickers or a knowledgeable tuner would be of much help.

Most people do not have any experience with this bike, and I do not want to experiment with it. I want someone who knows their stuff. Unfortunately, the guys at Ohlins are not much help on setup for this model.

I live in central PA.

Thanks
Greg
We've had decent success on all vintages of GG suspension. Shoot me a PM and we can get down to work.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters