Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkartoom View Post
Just the thread I was looking for, as mine started with the same symptoms as mcnut's. I only have about 1 hour on my bike so far and noticed that with the lever pulled against my fingers (I use one finger to pull the lever) the clutch was still engaged. I had to lift my hand and pull it all the way to the bar to get it totally disengage. When I'd first start the bike this would not be the case, but within the 1st minute of riding this would start. I even bled the system thinking that was the problem. I kept running my adjuster in until there was only the tiniest bit of free play in it and no fix'y.
I am having the same on my gnew gas gas ec 300. I do have the free play, i will try to bleed the clutch. will see

Steven

Old 05-02-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgstef View Post
I am having the same on my gnew gas gas ec 300. I do have the free play, i will try to bleed the clutch. will see

Steven
Bleed the clutch it fix
Old 05-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
My guess is that the variance is due to bleed hole being blocked - you need to back the adjuster off a touch.
jeff
Exactly.
To properly check the clutch lever free play, you will need to remove the master cylinder reservoir cap.
When you pull the lever in oil should spurt up. If not, back the adjuster screw out until it does.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:56 PM

A stab at the lever and mine shoots oil across the room with the cap off. I've backed my adjuster all the way out and same thing: Cold it's good, disengages completely an inch off the bar- warm it up and the disengagement point moves to the bar.

Bled it thoroughly before I had to head out to Calif for a week on biz. I'm back and plan to start messing with this again. I'm taking the master cylinder apart in the next day or two and have a looky. Heard about the same problem on one that had machining bits left in there that scored up the cylinder. It's a long shot, but I have no idea what else to try at this point.