Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 08-05-2017, 04:17 AM
Super Moderator

I've never had issues with O-rings unless if they are damaged.

Common wear items are the piston band and DU bushing. Make sure you have access to a quality rubber grease for the O-rings on re-assembly.

Old 10-02-2017, 11:45 PM

My shock was leaking realy bad . I took it in to a suspention pro and he said the seal needs pressure in the shock to work. He put in new oil and cleaned /polished the shaft,full nitrogen charge. All is good now road it all summer with no sign of oil.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:39 AM

I just got mine fixed for the 2nd time in 12 months. This time by a different tuner. He informed me the reason it leaked this time was because whoever fixed it last time didn't put enough oil in to keep the pressure on the seal that separated the oil and gas,this resulted in the seal eventually leaking.
So it pays to have someone that knows what they are doing..
Old 10-03-2017, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cox76y View Post
I just got mine fixed for the 2nd time in 12 months. This time by a different tuner. He informed me the reason it leaked this time was because whoever fixed it last time didn't put enough oil in to keep the pressure on the seal that separated the oil and gas,this resulted in the seal eventually leaking.
So it pays to have someone that knows what they are doing..
That doesn't really make sense.

The shock body holds a certain volume of oil, some of which is in the N2 ressie at full extension. The rest of the n2 ressie is filled with around 10 bar of nitrogen.

If the seal has been leaking, the oil volume drops in the main body and ressie. This means the dividing piston in the reservoir also moves back towards the body more, and the N2 now has a larger volume to act on.

If you lose enough oil or have air in the system is can cause the seal head in the shock body to pull back into the body which can cause some wear on the surfaces.

The seal lip definitely works better with pressure acting on it from the oil side, but the whole thing becomes a bit chicken and the egg. It's not easy to say if the previous tuner didn't bleed it properly, didn't set the floating piston height correctly, or if you've simply had a seal fail which has then thrown out everything else.
Old 07-14-2022, 12:56 PM

Can anyone provide me with links to the seals/ piston band/ seal head needed for an 06 ec300 ohlins shock? mine is leaking oil and i can only find parts for 2012 and newer.
Old 07-14-2022, 05:20 PM

I usually go through ohlins directly. You will need the part number off the top of the shock body.
Old 10-11-2022, 12:36 PM

Ohlins website says to contact an authorised dealer so i did that but got this response "I would have these parts in stock, however under my agreement with Ohlin?s , any internal parts are not to be sold to a 3rd party. This is because in the past shocks and forks have been rebuilt by untrained people, resulting in failures and poor performance. This has led to the suspension getting a bad name, when in fact it has been poor workmanship"