Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 01-18-2018, 02:12 PM

Default Can't Even Give My Money To Gas Gas

Cash in hand for 6 weeks trying to buy a "transformation kit" for my 04 EC300.

Made a purchase through Motocrosscenter.com because they had the best price and seemed to be the only place that had them in stock. The sale went through, but I soon received an email that they could not sell to the US (why did they take my money in the first place then?). They refunded my money, but not before an international transaction fee that cost me $18 both ways, now out $36. Told me to order from a US Gas Gas dealer.

Fine no problem, I would have done that in the first place had I known these were factory Gas Gas parts and not aftermarket. Called after locating the part number and ordered. Dealer was great about keeping in contact and letting me know the part was on order. Three weeks go by.

Today the dealer tells me he just found out that there is no stock in the US (they told him there was) and there is no date when there will be. Motocrosscenter has these in stock ready to ship, but I can't buy the damn stuff from them or get it here in the states. Ridiculous. This is the 21st century, and I'm not trying to buy discontinued parts, I'm trying to buy shit that is collecting dust on a shelf, but can't.

Disclaimer: this is not a slam on the dealer, who has been very good about the whole thing, but rather the bullshit system that keeps me from getting the parts I need which are available elsewhere when I can't get them here. It's like they don't want my money.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:10 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by risk74 View Post
Cash in hand for 6 weeks trying to buy a "transformation kit" for my 04 EC300.

Made a purchase through Motocrosscenter.com because they had the best price and seemed to be the only place that had them in stock. The sale went through, but I soon received an email that they could not sell to the US (why did they take my money in the first place then?). They refunded my money, but not before an international transaction fee that cost me $18 both ways, now out $36. Told me to order from a US Gas Gas dealer.

Fine no problem, I would have done that in the first place had I known these were factory Gas Gas parts and not aftermarket. Called after locating the part number and ordered. Dealer was great about keeping in contact and letting me know the part was on order. Three weeks go by.

Today the dealer tells me he just found out that there is no stock in the US (they told him there was) and there is no date when there will be. Motocrosscenter has these in stock ready to ship, but I can't buy the damn stuff from them or get it here in the states. Ridiculous. This is the 21st century, and I'm not trying to buy discontinued parts, I'm trying to buy shit that is collecting dust on a shelf, but can't.

Disclaimer: this is not a slam on the dealer, who has been very good about the whole thing, but rather the bullshit system that keeps me from getting the parts I need which are available elsewhere when I can't get them here. It's like they don't want my money.
That really does sound frustrating. I can imagine it gets annoying especially after two failed attempts. Have you tried having the dealer call GasGas and explaining to them your frustration?

Remember that this is a new company trying to catch up on the old companies shortcomings. I'm sure they will get it all to you.

Keep us updated on if you can work something out. I've found corporate to be great about making sure they are working hard for us to build faith back up. The first indecent doesn't sound like anyone's fault in particular. And I'm sure a few phone calls to corporate by your dealer should sort out the second one.

Hope it all works out for you soon!
Old 01-18-2018, 08:23 PM

Have a "trusted" member over there make the purchase for you?
Old 01-19-2018, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxPhlipper View Post
Have a "trusted" member over there make the purchase for you?
I thought about that, but somehow it really rankles me to have to pay shipping twice. Instead of making people jump through hoops to get parts, Gas Gas should be making it easier.
Old 01-19-2018, 07:18 AM

Default Can't Even Give My Money To Gas Gas

Thats a bummer. I wonder who makes the plastics for motocross center? I bet they don’t make them themselves. Try to maybe find that out and get part number to see if it can be ordered locally. I’m kind of in the same boat if I wanted to upgrade my looks. I decided not to though.

1999 GG EC 250 Six Days
1999 Cagiva Gran Canyon
2001 Aprilia Falco
2001 Triumph Speed Triple for my 20 year old
2000 GG XC250 for my 20 year old
2003 Honda Rancher 350 for the wife
Old 01-19-2018, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadfield4wd View Post
Thats a bummer. I wonder who makes the plastics for motocross center? I bet they don?t make them themselves. Try to maybe find that out and get part number to see if it can be ordered locally. I?m kind of in the same boat if I wanted to upgrade my looks. I decided not to though.
I have the part number for the kit. 2899RAC2013#H. It's Gas Gas. Which is apparently the reason Motocrosscenter cannot sell it to the US. I did try to order it locally from Matto's.

Last edited by risk74; 01-19-2018 at 08:53 AM.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:10 AM

Update:

I received a private message from Mark Berg at Torrot telling me the kit will arrive at Matto's in two weeks. I appreciate everyone's help with this, and while not an ideal situation, it is nice to know that there is help there when we need it!

Kris
Old 01-21-2018, 01:20 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Look mate I followed this thread loosely. Understanding the concern about wanting to give money away, if it makes it easier I can operate as a conduit. The first part is seamless. Send money directly to my PayPal and I'll make sure it gets to GasGas in some form or other.
Or I'll spend it at the supermarket where I can buy fantastic Craft Beer or a range of world leading Sauvignon Blanc and I'm sure it will comfort you to know that quality products are imbibed on your behalf. Actually it's Riesling tonight after some nice pale ales.
Very tired. Hot day out riding the GG today.
'22 765 Street Triple RS
'21 XTrainer
'69 Stinger T125 Suzuki
'23 TRS 250RR (it's a Trials thing)
Old 01-21-2018, 01:24 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

This ride was 15 min from my place. OK 30 min cause had to buy a bacon sarnie for lunch and a bacon and egg pie for. . . Well supplementary breakfast.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180121_123109.jpg (125.9 KB, 25 views)
'22 765 Street Triple RS
'21 XTrainer
'69 Stinger T125 Suzuki
'23 TRS 250RR (it's a Trials thing)
Old 01-22-2018, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (F5) View Post
Look mate I followed this thread loosely. Understanding the concern about wanting to give money away, if it makes it easier I can operate as a conduit. The first part is seamless. Send money directly to my PayPal and I'll make sure it gets to GasGas in some form or other.
Or I'll spend it at the supermarket where I can buy fantastic Craft Beer or a range of world leading Sauvignon Blanc and I'm sure it will comfort you to know that quality products are imbibed on your behalf. Actually it's Riesling tonight after some nice pale ales.
Very tired. Hot day out riding the GG today.
Thanks for the generous offer and sincere concern! Just let me know where to wire the contents of my bank account and I will do so forthwith!