Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 10-02-2011, 02:22 PM

OK. Checked plug and it looks good. Tan color on base. I might be a bit lean and will try a 40 main just to confirm.

Old 10-02-2011, 03:08 PM

anyone know where this needle sits compared to a CCK

I just got a NEDW from my local dealer and wanted to give it a try, I'm currently running CCK on it's richest clip setting
Old 10-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

CCK on clip 5.. with what pilot and main? What altitude and temp? Thats quite rich and I think you'd find the NEDx would be alot leaner all over, even at the same clip. My JD Jetting won't plot the Suzi needle so can't give you a visual. Like always I'd start in the middle clip, run the engine and then adjust as required.

Alot depends on the year of the bike and the particular model and size of PWK carb you're running.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whlrcr View Post
I ordered my needle from GoFasters. My bike just wouldn't run with the NE1F.

Current conditions are:

80F
1000 MSL

2010 EC300
170 main
CCK #3
42 pilot
2.5 out on air screw
45:1 fuel

Runs very smooth from idle top, with just a very slight hesitation on to the main. The bike does seem to be a gas hog. About 2 hours on a tank, race pace on tight 2nd gear trails, very little time on the main jet. Not sure if I could make a 2 hour HS without refueling. The bike is still slightly rich, but I like it way, to keep things tamed down.
These are very similar to my conditions re N1EF temp altitude etc. I run 50:1 FR. I haven't tried the CCK but if I did I'd imagine my setup would be around this. I now run the NEDW #2 same conditions, So maybe you could drop the NEDW #4 for a start.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid jackson View Post
11 250 6 days

so I put an nedw in today. I like the way it delivers power, nice and smooth but it seems to make the bike lean. I started with a 40 pilot and 175 main, went to a 42 pilot and then 45, needle on 3rd slot. still lean, went to a 178 main still lean, moved the needle to the 4th slot and it was better but still seemed a bit lean. temp was about 62F light rain to drizzle. 500 ft above sea level. cold is suppose to move in this week. As it sits I'd be concerned about this needle if it were 50F out. in its current state its not bad, bit of a burble in the middle. I run 93 octane pump gas, 10% ethanol. I'm thinking the ethanol has something to do with the lean condition. not sold on this needle at the moment. at least for when its cool out ....
I've been racing my 11' 250 Six Days all season long with the NEDW@ #3, 40 pilot, and a 172 main without a problem, but that's with a 38mm carb, and the plug looks great. I just went riding at CATRA on Friday and the jetting was prefect. I wonder what would make your bike different from mine? We're riding at roughly the same temps and elevations. I even know that our bikes came out of the same shop.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
CCK on clip 5.. with what pilot and main? What altitude and temp? Thats quite rich and I think you'd find the NEDx would be alot leaner all over, even at the same clip. My JD Jetting won't plot the Suzi needle so can't give you a visual. Like always I'd start in the middle clip, run the engine and then adjust as required.

Alot depends on the year of the bike and the particular model and size of PWK carb you're running.
I'm on a 250 with 36mm with 40 pilot, 175 main, running out near the ocean, 200' elevation

I cant use the nedw then, I need a richer needle
Old 10-02-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC View Post
I've been racing my 11' 250 Six Days all season long with the NEDW@ #3, 40 pilot, and a 172 main without a problem, but that's with a 38mm carb, and the plug looks great. I just went riding at CATRA on Friday and the jetting was prefect. I wonder what would make your bike different from mine? We're riding at roughly the same temps and elevations. I even know that our bikes came out of the same shop.
I was hoping you were from australia and didn't have ethanol in your gas!! But catra is a lot closer than the outback ... My carb is a 36 don't know if that should make too much of a difference. I played around with it in the yard today and plan to leave it at 45 pilot 3rd clip 178 main until I can get out for a real ride. Currently its not too bad off the bottom and a bit rich in the middle and beyond. A 42 and 175 might work ... a 40 and 172 sounds veeeerrry lean. if the weather clears out hopfully I'll be able to get out for a ride.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:51 PM

If anything you should be richer overall with a 36 vs a 38 due to the greater signature. Wonder what the squish and compression differences between the bikes are.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
If anything you should be richer overall with a 36 vs a 38 due to the greater signature. Wonder what the squish and compression differences between the bikes are.
Thats right.. Put in different terms the 36mm carb will have a higher air velocity drawing more fuel through the system, which would require leaner jetting than the 38mm.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlah View Post
I'm on a 250 with 36mm with 40 pilot, 175 main, running out near the ocean, 200' elevation

I cant use the nedw then, I need a richer needle
That carb, with those specs, the bike should run great with it on clip 3 with the same pilot and a 172 main. If I was you I'd definately give it a try. For the 10 minutes it takes you'll immediately know if you like it or not. As stated others running the same bikes/setups are using this needle.

In particular the Pumpkins all have 36mm carbs and are running 38 NEDW/CW at clip 3 and 162 mains.

Is it really cold where you are?