Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:30 AM

Default Odd power delivery--upper rpm--EC300?

Hey guys I ran into some odd power delivery on the top end this past weekend.

Bike is a '12 EC300 with only 25hrs on it. 42/175/NEDJ on 3rd groove. 50:1 Klotz super techniplate with 93 oct. Uni filter. Stock motor, BR8EG plug, stock GG pipe, Q stealth silencer, running wet ign setting mostly. A little PV rattle on btm.

Bottom end to mid is nice and strong, lugs like crazy and pulls hard, but on the upper end it felt a little anemic. Anything over 3/4 throttle feels likes its just over rev. Actually I think it starts a little before 3/4 throttle more like 5/8s. It pulls hard then just starts revving, almost like you are slipping the clutch. My bud says his '13 is similar but I have ridden it and I think his is normal over rev on the top end.

It almost feels like the rear is just spinning but its not. It was so noticeable on open trails I was short shifting to keep it pulling hard.

I rode the weekend before and it pulled hard through the entire rpm range. I did notice more spooge this weekend and I have swapped to a lighter trans oil. I was running 15/40 rotella and switched to T6 synthetic because I was getting some clutch chatter at low rpm. I also installed a midwest mountain engineering clutch lever, I am pretty certain its adjusted properly. Engages hard and feathers nicely, Fully disengages, can estart in gear.

I dont think its jetting, its pretty crisp, no bogs, blubbers or stumbles, revs out nice. Idles all day long, never gets hot starts 1-2 kicks cold, starts immediately with Estart when warm.

Think the PV is sticking? Clutch slipping with lighter oil? Or is it just normal over rev on the top end?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I can try to get a video if it stops raining.

Thanks
Jeremy

91 DR650

Old 04-30-2014, 10:09 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I would swap out the clutch lever to remove that as a variable. On road bikes, you start to notice clutch slip at higher RPM, very rarely does it manifest as slip during initial engagement. I have seen this happen on any number of bikes where the lever caused the symptom, be they front brake issues, clutch issues, shift lever out of adjustment (or loose), etc.

Eliminate that one variable (clutch lever) and see what happens next.