Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Site Sponsor

Default WOW - LOTSA GREAT INFO on GG in CYCLE NEWS THIS WEEK!

i'm surprised no one has posted anything about it. good inside scoop stuff that i've not seen discussed anywhere... i can paraphrase it later today - am i the only one who gets this rag

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com

Old 08-05-2010, 02:02 PM

Sept 2009 Article here. Still looking for a new one.

http://www.cyclenews.com/articles/ne...as-off-roaders

Of special note to dealers:

Quote:
To prove that its new commitment in the United States is sincere, Gas Gas held its first ever new-model launch in America with its 2010 off-road lineup being showcased. They flew members of the American moto media to Bedford, Indiana – the site of the latest OMA National Cross Country race – to sample some of its latest off-roaders. Promoter Bill Gusse of the Moose Run fame performed his magic and laid out one of his typical gnarly off-road loops for us to give the new bikes a workout.

To make the launch happen in a timely fashion, Gas Gas nabbed the first few bikes off the 2010 assembly line in Spain and had them promptly shipped to Indiana. When we showed up at the OMA site, we were met with four very trick-looking Gas Gas models waiting for us to ride: the EC 450 and 250 four-strokes, and the EC 250 and 300 two-strokes. Unfortunately, we will have to wait a little longer to ride the 125 and 200 two-strokes, and a few of their other bikes.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Site Sponsor

here's basically what it says:

former benelli ceo pierluigi marconi (and previously chief engineer at bimota) is now director of product development at gas gas.

it says gg is 'planning' a 350cc side valve injected 4t for trials. (shown at eicma in november)

he said "i am therefore working on a direct injection system to achieve that" (re:to meet euro 3/4/5 emissions)

now here's my take.

marconi was lead designer of the bimota vdue. a miserable failure in performance and sales (bikes hardly ran - but when they did run they were awesome), but are astronomically expensive in the collector market. one of the neatest 2 strokes ever designed, and if they ran right would have revolutionized 2t long ago. ultimately the vdue put bimota outta businees (they recalled them all) - he was also lead on the tesi 1d.. now he's SURELY learned from past mistakes and knows what it takes to make a direct injection motorcycle. afaik he's the only one to ever have one actually go into production (scooters not included - there is the ditech motor from aprilia..). (does the ossa trials bike actually exist? have they actually produced a bike for sale to the public?)
this is huge for gas gas, i'm sure with his experience we could see direct injection very very soon. the only down side with marconi is he's never designed a dirtbike, but there's lotsa smart people at gas gas...

p.s. this is issue 29 of cycle news july 28, 2010

pic of sidevalve 350 motor here:

http://www.benelliforum.com/gallery/aussiers/Marconi012

www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 08-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Site Sponsor

i was wrong he has hand a hand in a dirt bike..

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/...o-ar54873.html

and the BX 449 Cross - not sure if either of these bikes ever saw the light of day though..

www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 08-05-2010, 06:18 PM

Wow truly interesting times. Thanks for sharing this info.
I would love to own a DI 2 Stroke. Then I would only need to own one bike. Cause I need a 2 stroke and a plated bike .