Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Western United States

Western United States West of the Rocky Mountains

Old 08-08-2013, 05:20 AM

Talking

I have a few words....
Wow!!
Awesome!!
Really looking forward to Saturday's ride!

Old 08-08-2013, 09:45 AM

I love the downhill Dirtbike extreme difficulty sign. We don't have signs like that on the east coast. You only figure out the difficulty level when your sliding down the hill all puckered up ! Lol

Wheelieman
Old 08-08-2013, 09:06 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelieman69 View Post
I love the downhill Dirtbike extreme difficulty sign. We don't have signs like that on the east coast. You only figure out the difficulty level when your sliding down the hill all puckered up ! Lol

Wheelieman
Ha Ha! Ya these are more than hills, they are mountains and can be life threatening or cause serious injury for a inexperienced rider. Or a rider may not be able to get back out once down in the bottom.

Just happened last weekend to a couple guys I was reading. That particular trail has some near vertical switch backs on the other end.

Its kind of like a black diamond ski run, you wouldn't want a novice to go down it.
Up in another area the have signs that say expert riders only

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 08-09-2013, 12:18 AM

I grew up riding in the Hills of WV and trust me they are nothing like the Mountains out here in the west
Roscoe sorry I was unable help out last week my fiancee had other plans for me. LOL Keep the rubber side down and have a safe and great ride!
Old 08-09-2013, 09:22 AM

Yea I meant to say mountain but I don't doubt that they are a bit larger than on the east coast. We have a lot of near verticals up in ny state as well that seem to just keep climbing up to the heavens with switch backs bowling balls size rocks etc.... I love a challenge like that but I definitely respect the danger as well. I'm totally good on the uphill's but some of those near vertical downhills definitely still get me all ginked sometimes. Especially when you get a rider ahead of you that's braking / sliding and your coming up on them quick with no real area to pass. Enjoy your ride and be safe guys.

Wheelieman
Old 08-09-2013, 01:41 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelieman69 View Post
Yea I meant to say mountain but I don't doubt that they are a bit larger than on the east coast. We have a lot of near verticals up in ny state as well that seem to just keep climbing up to the heavens with switch backs bowling balls size rocks etc.... I love a challenge like that but I definitely respect the danger as well. I'm totally good on the uphill's but some of those near vertical downhills definitely still get me all ginked sometimes. Especially when you get a rider ahead of you that's braking / sliding and your coming up on them quick with no real area to pass. Enjoy your ride and be safe guys.

Wheelieman
Wheelieman if you ever get the chance to come out here and ride you should jump on it! The Mountains are amazing especially in the Little Naches area. There is also some great desert riding close by
Old 08-09-2013, 02:46 PM

I am going to ride up on my XR Saturday and see if I can catch everyone and say Hi.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waycrazy View Post
I am going to ride up on my XR Saturday and see if I can catch everyone and say Hi.
As soon as the Winter G.P. series rolls around...I'll stop regretting having Sun-Mon off. As it is...I'll be on vacation Sept. 1-16. Ride, ride, ride
Old 08-10-2013, 01:41 AM

They are getting a good show up there tonight. I know I sat on my porch and watched the lightning for a couple hours. The sky is lit up like the 4th of july.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waycrazy View Post
They are getting a good show up there tonight. I know I sat on my porch and watched the lightning for a couple hours. The sky is lit up like the 4th of july.
I'm about to head to work. I hope I make it to the truck without getting struck by lightning...oops! hijack.