Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 07-28-2014, 04:15 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosco View Post
Make sure you shut the fuel valve off when you get done riding. If your carb is flooding it will fill your crankcase up with fuel and blow all sorts of nasty black spooge out until it gets cleaned out.

Ok so I checked the level of my oil and it was past the sight level when not running, when the engine is running the oil level is right in the middle of that little sight window. I know when I filled it I was careful to not overfill because there was too much gear case oil when I bought it. So gas could be seeping in.? I usually turn off the gas valve but there have been times I have forgot. I haven't taken it on any long rides just short rides around the cabin. How bad is it for the engine if gas is mixed in? I know it's very bad for a four stroke. I will do a oil change next time I'm up and see what I find. However I mixed my gas a bit on the lean side maybe 55:1 and there was less oil in the exhaust. I think my last tank could of been more on the rich side of 50:1.

Old 07-28-2014, 07:50 PM

It's more likely that oil would pass from the gearbox into the cylinder than the other way. Gearbox oil would also make the bike run really poorly and smoke badly, if it's not smoking badly then it's probably not leaking gear oil.
5 points on the mix ratio is nothing to be worried about.
I'd say spooge is a combination of high flash point oil and possibly a muffler that needs repacking. If it runs and starts well, has no issues with running rich, then it's probably not jetting.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

The oil level changes because when the bike is running the gears and clutch basket is picking up oil and circulating it around the cases. When its off it pools up and reads higher. Totally normal.

I make a habit of putting a set volume of oil in, and measure it again when it comes out. Quick easy indicator to see if your bikes burning oil/picking up coolant/water.

I agree with Noobi. Probably a combination of slightly rich jetting, a high flash point oil, riding off the pipe, and pipe packing that has reached saturation level.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:57 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Ok I am still going to change the oil and see how much comes out. I will get some packing material, any recommendations? And what oil has a low flash point for the Driving miss Daisy type of riding I usually do. And does repacking the muffler require a rivet gun? My bike is up north so I have to make sure I bring everything I need with. Thanks for everyone's help.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:13 AM
Site Sponsor

If your carb is slightly flooding the excess gas will go into your crankcase area not the gearbox. When you start the bike up it purges all the excess fuel in the crank area up into your exhaust and soaks into your silencer packing.