Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default Opinions

A member of a local dirtbike forum had posed the following ...

[Any opinions on the Gas Gas 2 Strokes?

Man those bikes look sweet! How is the handling, parts availibility, suspension right out of the box? They seem to be right on par with Ktm just don't see many around. Looks like they are in for a major upgrade in suspension for 2012. The Six Days bikes look killer..]

I thought I would post his as well as my reply to him. In case I was in error with any of my statements, corrections could be posted here and I can make any needed clarifications/changes on the other board. Thanks in advance, below is my reply ....

[ GASSER's are great bikes!!!

I'm the "buddy" that bought Dan's [Bluelightning] 250 XC. I always wanted one and I like this one so much that two rides later I sold my KTM 300. It has the WP's [worked by Hyperformance Cycles] up front and Ohlins in back with a Factory Connection steeeker on the reservoir but who knows, it just works great!

The 250 motor is much tamer than the YZ 250 I had before the KTM, but it is easier to ride [great for an old guy like me] and pulls off the bottom well. I do think that the GG300 pulls much better off bottom and is a little stronger through the middle. I swapped out the factory pipe for a FMF gnarly pipe and kept the PCII silencer and that made the bottom and middle much better.

The older model's like mine [01] are getting harder to find parts [just have to put a little more effort into than the newer models] and figure out the "crossover/interchanges" but you can a lot of help and info from the GasGas forum.

The newer models [07-11] are getting the attention of the aftermarket Mfg's and availability is increasing, giving GasGas owners a choice of OE vs Aftermarket like the other brands enjoy. Kind of like it was for KTM not so long ago, and look at them now!

The new bikes are nothing short of stellar,although I have not had the opportunity to ride a 2010 or 2011 model. Every ride report that I have read has been A++ scores. I have seen several when I have been racing, but only long enough to say to myself "look at that gorgeous bike flying past me" and a few trees later, out of sight!

The reason that you have not seen many of them in the past is believed to be poor execution at promotion by the previous N. American importer. That has all changed, since Clay Stuckey [formerly w/KTM] took over as the Importer/Dealer network of the brand for N.A.

They are doing a nice job of promoting these bikes and have some really talented riders competing here in the states. There seems to be quite a fervor when these bikes and riders show up. While "wrenching" for GOR's Baldwin/Sanderlin DUO winning team at this years Perry Mtn 24hr race, I was quite impressed with their "paddock" and team effort, very much the "factory" feel and they still took the time to talk with anyone that wanted to ask questions of bench race. That goes a long way to getting people warmed up to the marque. Not bad for an operation based in Peachtree City GA!

Since the parts infrastructure was already in place and not a huge issue, as I understand it, GoFasters was given the parts distribution side of the equation. ]

Old 09-06-2011, 11:43 PM

Looks good from here - keep flying the GasGas flag!
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 09-07-2011, 09:41 AM

I don't know about the new importer. I know many of us in Kansas are not happy, since we don't have a dearer anymore.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
I don't know about the new importer. I know many of us in Kansas are not happy, since we don't have a dearer anymore.
What happened to the dealer in Kansas ?? Where was it?
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 09-07-2011, 11:58 AM

Was it Santa Fe Trail Cycle or Victory Motorsports?
Old 09-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Adrian,
All an old Gas Gas dealer had to do to become a dealer with us was to buy three motorcycles. We even gave the dealers free flooring terms so that they did not have to pre pay for the bikes. To be a Gas Gas dealer, the dealer has to stock motorcycles. I don't know how we could have made it any easier.
Clay
Old 09-07-2011, 04:46 PM

Sounds simple enough to me; stock what you sell. I for one like the new importer and will contine to support Gasgas and the new and much improved importer. Thanks Clay!
Old 09-07-2011, 06:54 PM

There are plenty of new, hungry dealers that participate here and would love your business. While a local dealer (with a good parts stock) would be nice, its not a deal breaker in 2011. My local dealer did not continue with GG either, but I'm not riding a KTM.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:52 AM

His original agreement could have been honored just like all the previous importers did. That would have been pretty easy. There are no throwing good money after bad posts posts coming from his customers.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
His original agreement could have been honored just like all the previous importers did. That would have been pretty easy. There are no throwing good money after bad posts posts coming from his customers.
Sorry to hear you have lost your local dealership. Seriously though I expect a dealer to have to hold at least 1 model of floor stock for punters to inspect prior to purchase.