Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Tell us all the gorey details!

Old 09-15-2010, 05:39 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Hey Nerd Frog , it was the McNutt group that got us into this. I've been following the thread at BMMC for awhile now , and inspired me and a few others to take the plunge into Darkness , literally.
Thanks to you guys posting up , i now have my first night ride under my belt.
I got the MR11 Spot/Flood combo and off we went last night to the trails out back of my place. We did hill climbs , tight twisty single track , and a little higher speed Power line runs. The MR 11 setup was very good in the trails and i would say adequate for the logging roads and power lines. Half of the time i wasn't even thinking about it being dark , i was just riding the trails. Not much hid from my vision of the trail , i could see very very well. Just the distance factor at higher speed on the open stuff would be the only limitation i would say the setup has.
I'm happy with the setup , and it didn't break the bank either , if this does turn out to be a regular thing , i might go bigger and better next year, but for getting my feet wet , this works for me.
Once again , it was Nerd Frog and his thread at Blue Mountain Motorcycle Club that inspired us to do this.
Those crazy McNutter's on the Mainland are onto a really wild thing. Now there is more riding days in the week for me

Out on the Trails on Vancouver Island , BC

Steve

Old 10-03-2010, 06:19 PM

I just did my first night ride last night, we were over at East Fort Rock/ China Hat, a little bit east of Bend Oregon, several of us who are going to race the 25 hour at Goldendale were out to do some night testing. RUTS (racers under the son) will be fielding 4-5 teams and most of us are very inexperienced at riding in the dark. Most have trail tech hid helmet lights, and a mix of different lights on the bikes. We took turns who would lead and when in the front I found I could go nearly as fast as in the daylight, as soon as I got in the dust, which was pretty bad I really had to go slow or hang way back, as the reflection from the HID was so bad I couldn't see the trail very well at all.We rode 39 1/2 miles with no one taking a bad crash, so it was a very good test night. Including stopping we had a bit over 2 hours on the HID lights running just on the supplied batterys, with no sign of them dieing on us.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

If you have been mounting your helmet light to the top of your helmet. Try mounting below your eyes level like on the side of the chin bar of your helmet.

It will improve your vision considerably in dust and when there is moister in the air.

See ya down there, My team will be right next to you all in Pit # 25.

We are running the club class this year. Our team will consist of 5 guys From A level to B level. Couldn't get enough A level night riders to commit this year to run Expert.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!