Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:04 AM

Default 03 gone,, only my 97 left,,

Well I sold my 03.. left this morning,, The new owner most likely will be on this board any day now..
Hopefully I'll get the ok to ride by september but it looks like it will be more like november.. So what to get then?? 515??
Steve

Old 04-13-2008, 02:11 PM

Yes, we need more ride reports and impressions.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:51 PM

The Pt guys say I'm making good progress but keep telling me it will be a long road.. I just want to get back to normal! The hardest thing was when the guy was test running Her,, I just wanted to take a short spin..But I know I cant,, Just sitting here typing the pain is high and I'm getting muscle spasms thru my arms and back.. I keep thinking 515,, for the road? maybe the ralley front end?? Would be nice riding with all those KTM adv. 640's and 950 on a bike that can actually have fun off road..
Old 04-17-2008, 12:23 PM

Steve,

The first time it gets real nasty you will wish you bought a 2-stroke. Trust me on this, been there done that. So did Craig. The heat, weight, and the yank off idle make things miserable in a tough tight ride/race. Plus, your not that tall, so its harder to save a tipover in the rock gardens if things get slow. You will get through this tough time, and ride mine again before making a decision.

Hypermotard in two weeks!!
Old 04-17-2008, 03:37 PM

Glenn,
To tell the truth,, I'm thinking about two bikes if I can swing it,, a 2smoker for the woods and tight stuff and a 4 banger for ds runs and the more open trail exploring that I have access to.. I'm hoping to save enough while I'm down to do this.. I also kept the 97 for the really nasty stuff.. The cb motor is the best in the rocks.. just want to get a better set of forks for it..
Steve
Old 04-17-2008, 05:11 PM

If you can do it go for it! I can't sell my HD, so I'm trading it in on a Hypermotard. Truck is killing me on gas. I'm going to wait and see how the rumored GG 350F plays out, but I will always have a 2-stroke. Ask Ernie to measure his front axel. I have a good machine shop around here that will make one off stuff at a reasonable price if you need a special made.

Kamuggamugga ride this weekend. Maybe we can tape up your neck just tight enough but not too tight.

Just kidding buddy, heal up I'll talk to you soon.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:01 PM

If I was ok to drink I'd head up for some bench racing,, but that would push my liver over the edge I think..
I think I could make one heck of a play bike out of the 97,, I'm starting to feel ok enough to think about wrenching on the bike.. Problem is is when I try to do it I realize how much it hurts.. A couple more months of PT and I'll be up to a 10# limit,, still on the 5#..
Steve