Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 01-26-2014, 03:12 PM

Default Help 1999 ec300 fork bleeding issue

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Help, changed seal and oil and filled to 135mm air gap. cannot bleed out forks Raised and lowered fork tube through its stroke, no noticeable air. raised and lowered damping rod through its stroke, but only getting resistance, ie damping on the very bottom of the stroke, say last two inches. Here you can feel the resistance and oil spews from the top of the damping rod, but not through the entire stroke.
Has anyone else come across this problem, or has anyone any idea as to what I may be doing wrong??
It should be a straight forward task.
IT,s a 99 ec300 with right way up forks. Thanks in advance to any techies that can put me right

Old 01-28-2014, 04:58 PM

I've come to the conclusion that this may be correct. There are no air bubbles when I move the damper rod or the outer fork. I removed the leg and top cap and spring again, emptied the oil, then refilled through the hole in the damper rod, and went through the bleeding process again. There's only resistance in the bottom two inches of damper rod stroke and that is when oil spews out of the top of the damper rod. I can draw oil to the top of the rod by covering the hole on the up stroke the pushing down, then drawing up again with the hole covered. A couple of these and the rod is full of oil, but drains away again as soon as the vacuum is released, IE I remove my finger, I suppose that is liquid finding its own level. I can only assume that with the end cap fitted oil will draw up the rod of its own accord with the motion of the fork. There is no damping rod attached to the adjuster/end cap, but it seems that it contains some kind of valve for adjustment and is not pushing a rod to adjust a valve at the bottom of the cartridge. If anybody knows this type of fork maybe they can put me right