Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 12-05-2018, 06:10 PM

Default Remove Reeds To Install Lectron Carb?

Hello,

I am looking into switching to a Lectron for my 3013 XC300. I have done a bunch of reading and I know they are a few mm longer than my stock carb. Has anyone had to remove their their reeds on a GasGas 300 in order to fit like Lectron?s site suggests? It seems like they addressed the throttle cable issue I have read about here, and I like that I can keep my handlebar-mounted choke lever.

Thanks

Old 12-05-2018, 08:14 PM

Don't need to on my '11 and it is more packed together tighter than the '12+ bigger framed bikes.
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220
Old 12-05-2018, 09:31 PM

Good to hear. How do you like your Lectron? Did you have to trim the rubber boots at all?
Old 12-06-2018, 01:25 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

You must NOT remove your reeds!
Perhaps they are talking of the reed spacer block installed on some (all?) 300s.

I have a Lectron on my 2015 EC200. I bought it for the 06 EC200 and carried it over when I upgraded to a newer bike.
The installation is as easy as it gets, as long as you have a proper throttle cable. I use the long version of the Motion Pro KTM cable.

I do not use the cable choke on the Lectron, cable chokes are known to give some trouble over time. The choke knob is a litte hard to reach, but no real problem.

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc
Old 12-06-2018, 01:34 PM

Thanks for the reply! I have not removed my carb or reeds since I bought the bike used a year ago, not sure if I have a removable spacer. The dealer I found it at actually did a great job jeting the bike for my average temp and alt. The problem is when the guys call me with no notice to go ride in different places. I have no other jets, so I just adjust the clip for temp and then air/fuel...

I had not heard about the lever choke causing problems, good to know. If the bike is always fueled right I guess it wont matter. I use mine on cold days sometimes to help the bike settle back to idle (gets lean at lower revs, main has always felt a little richer).