Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 01-19-2007, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fury1 View Post
I had a 4.6 on the rear...I weigh 190# without gear
Holy smokes ! I had a hard time finding a 5.0 since the stock 5.2 is too light for many riders. I wouldn't have thought they even made a 4.6, and you made "A" with that spring ??!!!
How depressing for me. I'm thinking you could probably lap me on a TTR.

Old 01-20-2007, 07:51 PM

Fury what did you put on it?? Mine came with a 4.8. I got a 5.4 on there now. Might try a 5.2
Old 01-21-2007, 03:03 AM

5.2 rear spring
Old 01-24-2007, 12:10 PM

Boomhauer, would you say the LTR PV cover is a worthy addition to improving bottom end response on your 300. I hear they are a must on the 200 and 250's. Seems to be mixed opinions on the 300's in terms of noticible added effect vs. the $90. I run a Fatty exhaust which could use a little extra on the bottom.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasIdaho View Post
Boomhauer, would you say the LTR PV cover is a worthy addition to improving bottom end response on your 300. I hear they are a must on the 200 and 250's. Seems to be mixed opinions on the 300's in terms of noticible added effect vs. the $90. I run a Fatty exhaust which could use a little extra on the bottom.
I think the PV Cover helped my 300 out. Before adding more on this let me add this 1st. If you want to gain some really good benefits as far as performance I would recomend having Ron at RB Designs do the squish mod on your head. I put on a .5 base gasket, did the squish with the solder, and then we sent off the heads. Best mod that I have done yet for under $100.

Okay after doing the head mod I wanted to see what kind of gains I would have with the PV cover. So when Les called me and told me my suspension was done I told him to throw the PV cover in my package so I could see for myself what the gains were.

1st I noticed the bike seemed to have more torque on the lower end and that the bike did spin up quicker like a 250 but it "Tractored" even better than before. Was it worth it to me? Yes it was. I had also heard that the 300's really did not gain much from the pv cover but I did notice a difference.

It is a very simple thing. I might be out of line here but when building hot rod motors I learned from a pro engine builder that more air to the engine = more power. We had some awesome results on a flow bench after I ported and polished numerous heads just how much HP & Torque you can gain just from porting & polishing heads. An engine is just a big air pump. So with the PV cover installed you have more air flow to the engine.

So I try to think along the same lines when working on my bike and am trying to gain more power.

Hope this helps.

Boom
Old 01-26-2007, 11:23 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

The power valve cover adds volume to the exhaust tract when the power valves are in the low rpm position. Think of it as turning your stock all-around pipe into a grunt pipe - but when the power valves flip back to the high rpm position you have the better mid-top rev'ing characteristics of your stock pipe.

Given the above - It improves roll-on response at lower rpms. It is more noticable depending on your pipe and your riding style.

jeff
Old 03-05-2007, 02:38 AM

Guys,
this advertising posts always lack some info, like what were the issues with yr forks, shocks and what was done to improve them.
Not asking for any shim stack secrets etc but do you guys know what has happened to yr suspension that it was worth the money?
If you were OK, but if you were not are you not interested?
Old 03-05-2007, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
It is a very simple thing. I might be out of line here but when building hot rod motors I learned from a pro engine builder that more air to the engine = more power. We had some awesome results on a flow bench after I ported and polished numerous heads just how much HP & Torque you can gain just from porting & polishing heads. An engine is just a big air pump. So with the PV cover installed you have more air flow to the engine.

So I try to think along the same lines when working on my bike and am trying to gain more power.

Boom
Yes but I want less! It's difficult to add metal.
I started with a Gnarly pipe & LTR PV cover but the roll on response at low rpm was too much. So I removed the PV cover which helped a bit. I changed to a Doma which helps smooth out the response a lot but now the lack of low end gives a small hit between low to mid. Not a problem in normal conditions but we've had so much rain this winter it's hard to get the power down due to the low end hit.

I might try the PV cover back on with the Doma, it might beef up the lower and remove the hit as it transitions to mid ... or it might make it worse by having more torque again!

Of course what I really want is a 200 engine to drop in there when it's slippery!