Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Old 01-30-2010, 09:10 AM

Default GG with a TRacula

Short vid demonstrating the prowess of the GG with a Tracula

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIcXlLrxC7M

Old 01-30-2010, 11:36 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Hey Paul looks like they leave a nice trail. Ive heard good things about them.
I'm very interested in trying the motoz tires. Never got around to ordered some and trying them out last year.

Looking for a M12 style front and a S12 comparable rear.

Any suggestions to what tires I would order from Kelly that are comparable to these?

The name's are killer.... Tractionator, Terrapactor, Tracula, Too cool! Not to mention they just look bad ass.

Let me know how the work and wear.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 01-30-2010, 02:57 PM

I have been running a set of Motoz and love them. They wear very well and still have great traction. Check out Motosportz.com they stalk them.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:42 AM
Site Sponsor

in my opinion, and i could be way wrong, but:

i ran a motoz tractionator x-circuit (intermediate tire) rear for a bit (a few weeks - i ride every day in the summer..for 2-3 hours). it's great for roots and rocks, and for very dry conditions. i bought it so i could run 90/10 dirt/street (i was killing tires (s12/m12/mx31/mx51) riding transfer roads to trails..) - it showed almost no wear after a few weeks of riding. it sucks in the wet, and slides all over the place.. it kinda acts like a trials tire, but not as much grip, but you get more cornering ability (agressive side knobs) and it brake slides way better than a trials tire.. they are very very directional, so flipping them around may or may not work to extend life. i didn't run the motoz tire in any races, nor would i...

if you are looking for a long lasting tire, and are not a super aggressive rider, these are it. if you're looking for trials like performance, just get a trials tire. the only advantage it has over trials tires is it corners better. but it doesn't grab like a trials tire, and it sucks just like a trials tire does in the wet. it does not perform great in loose stuff (although a bit better than trials tires do..). if you normally run s12 rear or mx31 rear you will notice it does not have the same kind of traction. it lasts longer than a 952, and gets better traction, but that's not saying alot.....

motoz tires seems to have a very very specific purpose. long life and very dry conditions. it's halfway between a trials tire and a 952 i would say. if you don't wanna change tires all the time, this is a good one, but you are gonna sacrifice traction...

of course this is just my opinion... from the hype it seemed like this was some new amazing tire. it is not. i'm much happier buying lots of s12's and getting the traction, then buying one motoz tire and suffering. if you're mostly a trail rider, and you don't ride overly fast, and are looking for bang for the buck, the motoz is a better tire than a 952... it looks aggressive, but in the real world it rides like a really good dual sport tire.

tires i've tried last few years in the rear (i have a bunch of bikes, so i get to try different tires out all the time..)
motoz tractionator
mx31
mx51
s12
m12
mitas trials
dunlop trials
michelin trials

the only tires i wouldn't buy again are:
952 (motoz is better)
756 (no longer available... mx51 is the replacement)
motoz (s12/m12 are better tires)
mx51 (it wore out in a weekend... everyone says they last, my experience was not good)

i'm sticking with getting 2 races out of an s12 (flip each race). ends up costing bunches more, but the traction is worth it.

if i was gonna ride a dual sport thing, i'd put the motoz tire back on..other than that it just sits. i was thinking of selling it...

terrain here is roots and lotsa lotsa rocks, soft and hardpack, mud, etc. no clay, and no sand. and i'm a more brawn than brains rider...i need a tire that will get me out of trouble when i pick a bad line.

i run a pirelli scorpion xc front tire. it replaced the mt44. i really like the xc, but some don't like how it tracks in tight ruts (it wants to climb the sides..) - i was sceptical of the tire at first, because it's dot rated, which to me, generally means it's gonna suck. i was recommended the pirelli by a guy who swears by them (and is a very fast rider......with lotsa years of gncc racing..)
Old 02-01-2010, 09:46 AM

What preasures were you running Stainless? TRhe guy that sold them to me suggested really low PSI. I have mine down to 11f-8r and from what he twlls me I can go down a couple more on each end. I have the Tracula rear and the Tractionator enduro on the front. They seem to work well for me and others up here in the NW, where it rains every so often, here is a thread form TT about the tires. A couple of the guys chiming in on this thread are local fast guys, myself not included.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=870245
Old 02-01-2010, 04:41 PM

I run tracula's front and rear on all my bikes, but they dont work unless tire pressure is low, 10 front 7 rear and never had a pinch flat, they work goood, and wear good, i ride everything from hard pack, to loose rocky, and muddy conditions. To me they are confidence inspiring, cornering is very good, and i have never had a rear tire with as much braking ability as this tire has, you can run a rut, or climb out of it, whatever you want to do this tire does a good job, but there is no such thing as a perfect tire, but not to worry they are doing away with the tracula any way, they say they are redesignating it.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEB View Post
What preasures were you running Stainless? TRhe guy that sold them to me suggested really low PSI. I have mine down to 11f-8r and from what he twlls me I can go down a couple more on each end. I have the Tracula rear and the Tractionator enduro on the front. They seem to work well for me and others up here in the NW, where it rains every so often, here is a thread form TT about the tires. A couple of the guys chiming in on this thread are local fast guys, myself not included.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=870245
i started at 14 (which was terrible) and went down to about 10 (significantly better). maybe i should have run them significantly lower... i was more afraid of pinch flatting much lower than 10. i know the sidewall is super stiff on the motoz, but i pinch flat everything at less than 10 or so (aside from tubeless trials..) - wv is all rock garden. - i've now switched to tubliss system, so i can probably feel comfortable as low as 4-6 in the rear. i'll give the motoz another shot in the spring, if they truly work better at really low pressures. i really like the s12, as long as you don't run them too long, when they're done, they are definitely done..