Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Western United States

Western United States West of the Rocky Mountains

Old 12-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default Gas Gas meet n greet ride 3!

Ive been thinking about organizing another Western Washington Gas Gas ride out at Tahuya.
Sometime in January or February, or both. Let me know if your interested and we'll see if we can all come up with a compromising date.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!

Old 12-08-2009, 03:55 PM

I'll try to make it, I was not able to last year.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:04 AM

Are only Washingtonians allowed? Can this canuck, that bailed on you last year, make it up to you?

Ride to work: Pedal bike or 1986 Suzuki GS400S
Ride for fun: 2007 GasGas EC300
www.FVDRA.com
http://www.bluemountainmotorcycleclub.com
www.TeamCoastalCycling.com
Old 12-09-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdFrog View Post
Are only Washingtonians allowed? Can this canuck, that bailed on you last year, make it up to you?
Everyone with a GAS GAS, no matter what part of the world they live, is encouraged and invited. They can also bring a friend or relatives no matter what brand they ride. But if they ride orange they better have thick skin around me. Just kidding, most my buddies ride those K-mart Trail Machines.

I just want those that aren't familiar with this area to know this area is not majestic as far as views and site seeing. It is a kick ass training ground and is best when it is the wet time of year, as it will be. There is a hell of a lot of tight single track out there. I could easily put together 150 miles of beat ya down trail in loops and still have ample to explore. It is dense forest and clear cuts, Glacial till soil with roots, stumps, and rocks.

Typically on these meet n Greet rides I try to run 2 loops each of 35 miles or so. With a lunch and B. S. time in between loops. That way if some need to get home to get to the honey do list they can do the first loop and B.S. for a bit and bail.

I also usually stop for Breakfast on the way out in Belfair for those that like to meet and talk before hand.

I will also be taking the time off between Christmas and New Years and no doubt I'll be going out for some training rides on a few of those days, if anyone is interested.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 12-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Administrator

Count me in and I'll do what I can to drag Les along. Sorry no gasgas in the stable right now...

And no, my bike isn't orange!!!!

Jeff
Webmaster
GasGas Riders Club
Old 12-09-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
Count me in and I'll do what I can to drag Les along. Sorry no gasgas in the stable right now...

And no, my bike isn't orange!!!!

Jeff
Webmaster
GasGas Riders Club
Jeff you and Les are always welcome to my rides no matter the brand.! Thats the least I can do for you two.

For those that don't know Jeff rides a sweet Husky TXC 450 and Les I'm never quite sure what he'll be on, usually it is some trick one off machine that rides like a magic carpet.

Roscoe

Old 12-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Administrator

Actually Les and I share the Husky - it's more his than mine as it finds it home in his shop. It's his R & D bike...

And it's a Husky txc510 - not a 450 - and it gets the extra displacement from a longer stroke versus a bigger bore. As Les says "Torque Wins"...

jeff
Old 12-09-2009, 10:29 PM

Oh ya thats right thats the big, big bore husky.
Ya I see that husky just sitting there begging to be reved up, or is that reveruped when I go over to Les's shop. Its a good looking machine.
I get to go pick my Gasser back up from Les on Friday after some much needed motor maint.

I look forward to riding with you guys.

Roscoe

Old 12-10-2009, 07:17 AM

My only conflict is the weekend of Feb 6/7. Any other time between Christmas and the Goldbar race on Feb 21st is good! Pick one and let me know, I'll buy you breakfast and bring some Canadian beer for the post-ride!
Cheers,
JP

Ride to work: Pedal bike or 1986 Suzuki GS400S
Ride for fun: 2007 GasGas EC300
www.FVDRA.com
http://www.bluemountainmotorcycleclub.com
www.TeamCoastalCycling.com
Old 12-10-2009, 08:20 PM

What we should do is go up to BC and let Nerdforg show us around some of the goods in the Frasier. My passport is current!