Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 04-07-2021, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
That all depends on how the head is machined. With a standard head I would think you get too big squish and improper burn of the fuel / difficult jetting. Did you measure the squish?
No, like an fool I didn't. It was snowing outside and I was in a hurry to finish putting it all back together so I could go rip in the snow.

I used the same thickness base gasket at what was originally on the bike when the the PO had the squish mod done. So I figured "it would be the same" now I regret not measuring.

Old 04-08-2021, 02:19 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyboy View Post
No, like an fool I didn't. It was snowing outside and I was in a hurry to finish putting it all back together so I could go rip in the snow.

I used the same thickness base gasket at what was originally on the bike when the the PO had the squish mod done. So I figured "it would be the same" now I regret not measuring.
That should be ok, then. I do the same. I machined the head for a .3mm base gasket, and have used the same thickness since, without further measuring.

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc
Old 04-08-2021, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
That should be ok, then. I do the same. I machined the head for a .3mm base gasket, and have used the same thickness since, without further measuring.

Now im even beginning to wonder if the previous owner was just telling me he had it done, he was pretty desperate to sell the bike...might have told me anything to get it sold...but who really knows. Might be worth the investment to find out.