Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 02-17-2010, 01:20 PM

Default clicker not responding?

ive got an 03 ec250 with WP forks, and i just bought it last fall. i decided to set them both back to stock settings until i know what i want to do with them. the left side fork clicked normally, but the right hand fork never reached the stop for full heavy. i am wondering if there is something seriously wrong with my fork or something in the internals or if there is just something wrong with the clicker its self.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:26 PM

The clicker mechanism in the cap is disconnected from the pin that pushes the rebound rod. They are two separate pieces, and mate together like a phillips screw/driver. This problem occurs when the clicker is turned out without upward pressure from the rebound tap spring, either from improper disassembly or a seized rebound tap/needle. Fortunately its an easy fix, Just remove the cap, screw the adjuster all the way in, screw the pin all the way down from the inside of the cap, and while applying some light pressure to the pin, back the rebound adjuster back out. The pin should now move with the adjuster. The rebound adjuster should be backed full out before removing the cap on a WP fork.

To see if the tap is seized, insert the push rod in the damper rod, and depress it farther with a punch or screwdriver. You should feel a spring action.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:51 PM

thanks alot! ill give it a try and see what happens