Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Default Fairly pissed off GasGas!

Just found out today that there are to be no electric start models being released this year.I have paid a deposit,sold my bike ,waited for the Feb. delivery which didn't happen,was told end of April delivery & then this!Not even an explaination.Not sure what I will do now,probably take some time to look at some other brands.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:15 PM

GasGas never did an official press release stating that they'd be releasing electric start models. There have been rumours running around since last summer that there may be electric start gassers, but that's about it. It sucks that you put in a deposit.

Why not just get a 2010 EC? The bikes are proven as great enduro bikes and the new ones have improved fit and finish. These bikes start so easy that the lack of electric start really isn't much of an issue. If you're really worried, get a rekluse clutch and never stall again.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:33 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyManiac View Post
GasGas never did an official press release stating that they'd be releasing electric start models. There have been rumours running around since last summer that there may be electric start gassers, but that's about it. It sucks that you put in a deposit.

Why not just get a 2010 EC? The bikes are proven as great enduro bikes and the new ones have improved fit and finish. These bikes start so easy that the lack of electric start really isn't much of an issue. If you're really worried, get a rekluse clutch and never stall again.
Yeah,good points but we aren't talking about the local bakery running out of your favourite donut.This is an international company taking on the big manufacturers in a recession.The NZ importer had announced they would be available ,which wouldn't have been on a rumour?I am probably most annoyed that Gas Gas have let themselves down just when they were getting some traction as a serious brand & some reasonable sales(down here).It does their credibility little good & they will loose a few sales to KTM,they are on the floor already.
I will of course cool down & buy a cross country model & be very happy,right now some bastard stole my Christmas stocking!
Old 03-16-2010, 02:15 AM

It was announced that there was a suit filed by another manufacturer about GG's electric starter. it resembled thiers to closely and they had to stop production and start over.. announcement was out a month ago or so. they were ready to ship some of the bikes from what I undertand..
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 03-16-2010, 07:27 AM

That's a bummer gg3 as I also like the e-start 2 stroke (if it works ok)

I assume that mfg. was KTM??? While we can thank them for bringing this idea to a racing 2 stroke (and suffering the teething pains) their design has had some serious flaws and has been quite troublesome for many people. If that was what GG was looking at I really hope they VERY carefuly studied the KTM's design and fixed the flaws. I guess a moot point now since they apparantly had to go back to the drawing board on this.

It's interesting that we have never even seen a leaked picture of this e-start motor but the other mfg. caught wind of the design and shut it down.

And you know gg3 when you finally have that new 2010 Cross Country model paid for and in your hands GG will announce the e-start for 2011
Old 03-16-2010, 11:50 AM

Maybe just go find a cheap older bike and ride that till they can deliver ur e-start then just sell it.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:42 PM

Sounds like it could be a blessing if there have been design problems.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

I was thinking of holding back till the e-start models hit the shore too.

I was told that even if the new ones came with an e-start that it would also fit the older models back to 08 I think I heard. And would be available as a retro kit.

Anyway my 2010 EC300 start first, second kick every time. I'm not sure I will even buy the kit when available.
07 TXT 280
77 TY175
Old 03-16-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyDude View Post
I was thinking of holding back till the e-start models hit the shore too.

I was told that even if the new ones came with an e-start that it would also fit the older models back to 08 I think I heard. And would be available as a retro kit.

Anyway my 2010 EC300 start first, second kick every time. I'm not sure I will even buy the kit when available.
What would be different that 07 and earlier couldn't be fitted with e-start?
Old 03-16-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrider7202 View Post
Maybe just go find a cheap older bike and ride that till they can deliver ur e-start then just sell it.
I do have a 1988 RM 250 project bike,may have to get it finished,that old girl will beat me up!