Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 06:45 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

My 15 did not let me down once all year , it was only kick started once to see what it was like .

Old 12-14-2015, 10:26 PM

I have s Beta and a Gas gas so... Hopefully I'm covered... Both with estart. I have only try to kick each bike once... Just to make sure it works :-)
Old 12-16-2015, 08:04 AM

I have used nothing but the E-Start on both my 2015's...and have never a miss, never a delay. Same with my 2014 model. Rode the snot out of it for a year, never used the kicker, then sold it to a dealer, who raced it the entire 2015 season without any issues, then finally replaced the bendix this fall. 2 years on the starter, considering how many times it is used in one ride, isn't bad!

So far, my experience with the 15 model starter is nothing short of awesome, and if someone is having problems, I would recommend first charging the battery. Too many times I see the setup guys at a shop, stick the battery into a unit and never put the battery on charge, thinking it doesn't need it. Out of the box, a maintenance free battery is only 70%. It takes a full 24 hours on a low amp trickle charger, to fully charge 100%. I keep a Yuasa Battery Tender hooked to my bikes while waiting for their next ride

As for Beta starters not having issues...well yes they do, but so does every bike when the battery has not being fully charged. I watched a poor guy grind his to death at a dual sport not long ago. Brand new 300, first ride out, and he was ready to sell it by the lunch break.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:56 AM

Once my bendix was sorted, my starter has been dead reliable on my '13. On any group ride it gets used a ton.
1997 KX60
1983 Yami Tri-Zinger
1984 Suzuki Alt 50
1969 Trail 90
1971 Trail 90
1972 Trail 90
Old 12-16-2015, 01:04 PM
Administrator

This thread is getting off track. GasGas factory news has turned into starter discussion. I'll split this off to a new thread when I get a chance.

If you guys can start a new thread if you want to get off onto a new topic then it will save the moderators a little bit of work...

jeff
Old 12-16-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
This thread is getting off track. GasGas factory news has turned into starter discussion. I'll split this off to a new thread when I get a chance.

If you guys can start a new thread if you want to get off onto a new topic then it will save the moderators a little bit of work...

jeff
Understood and agreed
Old 12-22-2015, 06:32 AM

New CEO Interview...Enduro illustrated pages 149-158 : http://www.enduro21.com/index.php/40...ted-13-out-now
Old 12-22-2015, 07:25 AM

So, no 2016 enduro bikes. That's just awesome.
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220
Old 12-22-2015, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1kos View Post
New CEO Interview...Enduro illustrated pages 149-158 : http://www.enduro21.com/index.php/40...ted-13-out-now
That was a very interesting and informative read. No enduro bikes until 17 and and new US "partner" in the first quarter of 16. I think this new CEO might actually know his stuff.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:37 AM
Site Sponsor

Default Enduro21 article

Sorry to burst your bubble, but a few items from this article are inaccurate and more than likely out of date as the interview was done just after the acquisition of GasGas by Torrot.

GasGas will be producing a 2017 enduro model (model specifications won't be until February/March). We will see this 2017 model at a better time frame than most years, in fact it should be released prior or about the same time frame as the other Euro competition which will be quite honestly, the earliest we have ever seen from GasGas.

We are in constant contact with the factory and the "new" distributor/importer comment is in regards to changing the US subsidiary officials (Ramon Puente is no longer with the company) to the new owners of GasGas.

GasGas here and abroad has been basically on its heels falling back since 2012 and we've done what we could with little investment and support from the factory to keep GasGas alive in the US. We've done a lot with very little in my opinion and most with other opinions..well quite honestly you are on the outside looking in and you don't have all the facts, sorry! Easy to speculate all the problems without all the knowledge.

Would we love to have done more? Absolutely...from finishing the digabit ordering and technical software, to a new distribution warehouse for more efficient shipping, to hiring appropriate personal in shipping, and an individual Public Relations person, regional race support, dealer demo's..the list goes on and on. But how much time and personal money would one spend with all of the instability and changes over the past 4 years? Especially with so many people switching to overseas shopping centers? Do i blame them? No, i blame the factory for allowing such a set up, and that will change with the new management.

Things are getting closer to the right direction in the USA. The new owners have a long term plan for the US and it is one that i really am excited about and have been pushing for years...lets just give them the time to implement things. You won't see much in improvements in the next few months to come, it will take awhile but it will happen!